App crashes consistently on ET1 JB 4.1.1 -- works flawlessly on all other tablets

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

I got the tablet updated and all the patches/fixes installed and everything looked great.

However, I've now run into another problem. The application that we use to carry out our inspections, keeps crashing at the same point when I try to run it on the ET1. It's 100% consistent and repeatable. It's something as simple as every time I try to select an option from a specific drop-down menu, the app crashes immediately.

The app functions flawlessly on every single other Android device I've tried, with the exception of the ET1. The only difference that I can see is the custom AOSP-based operating system you have on the ET1. What is missing there that could cause this problem? I'm guessing there's some framework/api/etc that's missing that the app needs? I just don't know what it is, or how to fix it.

The other problem I have is that I neither have access to the source code, nor the developer of the app, to try and debug and figure out WHY this is happening.

I really need to figure this out because without this particular application, the tablet is essentially useless to me.

What can I do?

Thanks again.

All the best,

Didrik

PS - Is there a way to get root access on this tablet?