Compilation Error building for Android

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Child 2 years 11 months ago
0 2 0

Hello,

We recently got some devices from motorola that are Android based. Specifically the ET1 is what I'm trying to build against. We've had issues with a certain set of devices provided by Panasonic that I have already made a post about but it has been difficult to try and figure out whether the issue is Panasonic or Rho. So due to that I've been asked to get Rho working on these new devices. However I'm running into a compilation issue when I try to build for Android but not for Win32 or WinMobile.

Here is the error:
In file included from C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite5.0.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby/ruby.h:25:0,
                 from C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite5.0.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby.h:32,
                 from ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c:1:
[31mC:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite5.0.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/android/ruby/config.h:308:24: fatal error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
[0m #  include

I have gone through the steps to setup my environment to be able to build for android. I have both the sdk and ndk installed. I have the google usb drivers also installed.

Attached is my build.yml and rhobuild.yml.

The device is showing up when I run adb devices:
List of devices attached
13091521403585  device

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Joerg Koch

I'm getting this with the Android SKD Manager, having installed Android 5.0.1 and 4.4W.2.

What is the proper path to set up when using the new Android SDK Manager that comes with Android L?

This is the recommended path (on OS X 10.10.1):

/Applications/android-sdk-macosx/

Yet, what to use if I need the API Level 20?

Thanks in advance!

R Robert Galvin

Chris,

It looks like you are using NDK 10c - we just discovered that 10c of the NDK causes this error. Please download r9d and point your rhobuild.yml to that version (then do a clean build).

That should do the trick.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?