20 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2014 4:00 AM by Babatunde Oyeyemi

How do I build rhomobile apps

Babatunde Oyeyemi

I'm new to using Rhomobile to build a cross-platform mobile apps. However, the instructions given in the docs to build app using command line seems a bit complicated as non of thos commands work on my CMD. Do I need to install something else to run any of those commands? Please help.

• Re: How do I build rhomobile apps

For local building basic steps are following:

1. cd to directory were app directory will be placed

2. generate app template with command rhodes app MyApp, where MyApp is name of your app

3. cd to MyApp folder

4. build app for you target platform
               android - build and run app on device with command rake run:android:device
               iPhone - build app with command rake device:iphone:production. It is necessary provide additional settings in build.yml (Rhomobile | Building for iOS)

Babatunde Oyeyemi

Thank you USER05925 for your response. When I did as you mentioned for android, I got the followings:

E:\Mobile\RhoMobile WS\RhoMobileApplication>rake run:android:device

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:93: warning: alr

eady initialized constant OPT_TABLE

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1268: warning: a

lready initialized constant S_IF_DOOR

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1496: warning: a

lready initialized constant DIRECTORY_TERM

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1500: warning: a

lready initialized constant SYSCASE

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1619: warning: a

lready initialized constant LOW_METHODS

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1625: warning: a

lready initialized constant METHODS

$app_config['extensions'] : ["coreapi", "json", "rhoconnect-client"]

$app_config['capabilities'] : []

Missing or invalid 'android' section in rhobuild.yml: 'C:/android-sdk-windows'

What should I do?

> Missing or invalid 'android' section in rhobuild.yml: 'C:/android-sdk-windows'

Incorrect path to android sdk/ndk and(or) android sdk/ndk are not installed in system.

1. It needs install android SDK and NDK (You could find more information here - Rhomobile | Native SDK Setup) and Java if it required

2. Launch rhodes-setup and set pathes.

Babatunde Oyeyemi

Hi USER05925, I really appreciate you helping me out on this. Thanks a lot. However, I did as you said but I still get this error:

E:\Mobile\RhoMobile WS\RhoMobileApplication>rake run:android:device

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:93: warning: alr

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1268: warning: a

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1496: warning: a

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1500: warning: a

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1619: warning: a

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1625: warning: a

No Android platform found at SDK path: 'E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk'

Is there anything else I need to do? All I want to do is to generate the .apk file for android and run it manually on android device.

Daniel Silva

It looks like you have a space in the path to your workspace.  "RhoMobile WS" .  Not sure if this is causing your problem, but this will cause issues.

Babatunde Oyeyemi

I've updated the folder name but doesn't change anything

E:\Mobile\RhoMobileWS\RhoMobileApplication>rake run:android:device

No Android platform found at SDK path: 'E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk'

Daniel Silva

in E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk on your machine, do you have folder structure like this?  If so, do you have anything in the platforms folder?

09/28/2014  08:15 PM    <DIR>          add-ons

08/07/2014  03:45 PM    <DIR>          build-tools

08/08/2014  04:56 AM    <DIR>          extras

08/07/2014  03:44 PM    <DIR>          platform-tools

09/26/2014  09:26 PM    <DIR>          platforms

09/26/2014  09:11 PM    <DIR>          samples

08/07/2014  11:41 PM    <DIR>          sources

09/26/2014  09:17 PM    <DIR>          system-images

09/26/2014  09:24 PM    <DIR>          temp

08/20/2014  09:58 AM    <DIR>          tools

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hi,

Open sdkmanager.exe and update your android-sdk version.

If you are getting no platforms found, there might be chance that your platform folder is empty.

Could you please recheck, what’s inside your android-sdk platform folder?

Thanks

Babatunde Oyeyemi

Yes correct, I have all those folders in there.

In the Platform folder, I have:

and each folder with the followings:

Daniel Silva

You have your path for the sdk set to 'E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk'   it should be 'E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk'

Babatunde Oyeyemi

Thanks a lot for catching this. I think I'm getting closer to getting this done. I updated it and now it runs but with another error:

rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/jquery-2.0.2-rho-custom.min.js", "

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/co

mmonAPI/coreapi/public/api/rhoapi.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/

ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho

.Application.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/

rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Database.js", "C:/Mo

torolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonA

PI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Database.SQLite3.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileS

uite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/publi

c/api/generated/Rho.Intent.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/ge

ms/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Log.js

", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/li

b/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.NativeMenubar.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoM

obileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi

/public/api/generated/Rho.NativeTabbar.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby

/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generate

d/Rho.NativeToolbar.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.

1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Navbar.js", "

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/co

mmonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Network.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite

4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/ap

i/generated/Rho.NewORM.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1

.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.NewORMMode

l.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.

1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.Notification.js", "C:/MotorolaR

hoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/core

api/public/api/generated/Rho.Push.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/

ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho

.RhoFile.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhod

es-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/generated/Rho.System.js", "C:/Motorola

RhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/cor

eapi/public/api/generated/Rho.System.Process.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.

1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/ge

nerated/Rho.WebView.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.

1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client/public/api/generated

/Rho.RhoConnectClient.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.

9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/Rho.Application.js", "C:/

MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commo

nAPI/coreapi/public/api/Rho.Database.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/l

ib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/Rho.NewORM

Helper.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes

-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/rhoapi-native.all.js"]

!!!MODIFY E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/apps/public/

api/rhoapi-modules.js

extjsmodulefiles_opt=["C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/g

ems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/Rho.ORM.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMo

bileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/

public/api/Rho.ORMHelper.js", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems

/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/public/api/Rho.Ruby.RunTime.js"]

!!!MODIFY E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/apps/public/

api/rhoapi-modules-ORM.js

end of init extension

cd C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1

cp -rp E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/app E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoM

obileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/apps

cd E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/apps

cd E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/lib/res

rm back_btn.wm.png

rm blue_pushpin.wm.png

rm blue_pushpin_small.wm.png

rm callout.wm.png

rm callout_link.wm.png

rm esri.wm.png

rm forward_btn.wm.png

rm home_btn.wm.png

rm minimize_btn.wm.png

rm options_btn.wm.png

rm refresh_btn.wm.png

rm sip_btn.wm.png

rm back_btn.win32.png

rm blue_pushpin.win32.png

rm callout.win32.png

rm callout_link.win32.png

rm esri.win32.png

rm forward_btn.win32.png

rm home_btn.win32.png

rm minimize_btn.win32.png

rm options_btn.win32.png

rm refresh_btn.win32.png

rm sip_btn.win32.png

rm back_btn.wp.png

rm blue_pushpin_small.wp.png

rm callout.wp.png

rm callout_link.wp.png

rm esri.wp.png

rm forward_btn.wp.png

rm home_btn.wp.png

rm options_btn.wp.png

rm refresh_btn.wp.png

rm back_btn.wp8.png

rm blue_pushpin_small.wp8.png

rm callout.wp8.png

rm callout_link.wp8.png

rm forward_btn.wp8.png

rm home_btn.wp8.png

rm minimize_btn.wp8.png

rm options_btn.wp8.png

rm refresh_btn.wp8.png

rm sip_btn.wp8.png

cd E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets

cd E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/apps

cp lib/build/compileERB/default.rb E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bi

n/tmp/assets

Running default.rb

rm E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets/default.rb

cp lib/build/compileRB/compileRB.rb E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/b

in/tmp/assets

Running compileRB

cd E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/assets

rm apps/app/application.rb

rm apps/app/helpers/application_helper.rb

rm apps/app/helpers/browser_helper.rb

rm apps/app/Settings/controller.rb

rm apps/app/test/model_test_spec.rb

rm compileRB.rb

rm lib/base64.rb

rm lib/bsearch.rb

rm lib/date/format.rb

rm lib/date.rb

rm lib/dateOrig.rb

rm lib/indifferent_access.rb

rm lib/json/common.rb

rm lib/json/pure/generator.rb

rm lib/json/pure.rb

rm lib/json/version.rb

rm lib/json.rb

rm lib/newrhom/newrhom.rb

rm lib/newrhom/newrhom_model.rb

rm lib/newrhom/newrhom_object_factory.rb

rm lib/ostruct.rb

rm lib/rational.rb

rm lib/rational18.rb

rm lib/rbconfig.rb

rm lib/rho/mapview.rb

rm lib/rho/render.rb

rm lib/rho/rho.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoapplication.rb

rm lib/rho/rhobluetooth.rb

rm lib/rho/rhocontact.rb

rm lib/rho/rhocontroller.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoerror.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoevent.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoevent_bb.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoevent_c.rb

rm lib/rho/rhomsg.rb

rm lib/rho/rhonativeviewmanager.rb

rm lib/rho/rhosupport.rb

rm lib/rho/rhotabbar.rb

rm lib/rho/rhotoolbar.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoutils.rb

rm lib/rho/rhoviewhelpers.rb

rm lib/rho.rb

rm lib/RhoApplicationApi.rb

rm lib/rhoappmanifest.rb

rm lib/RhoConnectClient.rb

rm lib/RhoDatabaseApi.rb

rm lib/rhodes.rb

rm lib/rhoframework.rb

rm lib/rholang/lang_en.rb

rm lib/rholang/lang_es.rb

rm lib/rholang/localization_simplified.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhoerror_de.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhoerror_en.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhoerror_es.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhomsg_de.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhomsg_en.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhomsg_es.rb

rm lib/rholang/rhomsg_it.rb

rm lib/RhoLogApi.rb

rm lib/rhom/rhom.rb

rm lib/rhom/rhom_model.rb

rm lib/rhom/rhom_object.rb

rm lib/rhom/rhom_object_factory.rb

rm lib/rhom/rhom_source.rb

rm lib/rhom.rb

rm lib/rhomotoapi.rb

rm lib/RhoNativeMenubarApi.rb

rm lib/RhoNativeTabbarApi.rb

rm lib/RhoNativeToolbarApi.rb

rm lib/RhoNetworkApi.rb

rm lib/RhoNotificationApi.rb

rm lib/RhoPushApi.rb

rm lib/rhosystem.rb

rm lib/RhoSystemApi.rb

rm lib/rhosystem_wp8.rb

rm lib/RhoWebViewApi.rb

rm lib/singleton.rb

rm lib/stringio.rb

rm lib/time.rb

rm lib/version.rb

rm apps/app/gameOver.erb

rm apps/app/index.erb

rm apps/app/layout.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/err_sync.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/home.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/index.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/login.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/reset.erb

rm apps/app/Settings/wait.erb

cp -r platform/shared/db/res/db E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/t

mp/assets/db

mmonAPI/coreapi is configuring...

mmonAPI/coreapi/ext.yml is processing...

mmonAPI/coreapi/ext.yml is processed

mmonAPI/coreapi is configured

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/ex

tensions/json is configuring...

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/ex

tensions/json is configured

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4

.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client is configuring...

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4

.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client/ext.yml is processing...

.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client/ext.yml is processed

.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client is configured

Extensions' java source lists: {"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/ge

ms/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi"=>"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1

.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform

/android/ext_java.files", "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9

.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.1.1/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client"=>"C:/MotorolaRhoMo

bileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.1.1/lib/../ext/

rhoconnect-client/ext/platform/android/ext_java.files"}

{"audio"=>false, "camera"=>false, "gps"=>false, "network_state"=>true, "phone"=>

false, "pim"=>false, "record_audio"=>false, "vibrate"=>false, "bluetooth"=>false

, "calendar"=>false, "sdcard"=>false, "push"=>false, "motorola"=>false, "motorol

adev"=>false, "webkit_browser"=>false, "shared_runtime"=>false, "motorola_browse

r"=>false, "hardware_acceleration"=>false}

No need to regenerate genconfig.h

Building coreapi: ["C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems

/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android", "rake"]

Build extension (arm): coreapi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PWD: C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/l

ib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android

rake arch:arm

cd ../../..

rake aborted!

←[31mCompilation failed: ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c←[0m

Tasks: TOP => arch:arm => E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/

android/release/extensions/coreapi/armeabi/libcoreapi.a => E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS

/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/coreapi/arm/application_ruby_api.c.o

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

NDK sysroot: E:/Mobile/Android/android-ndk-r10c/platforms/android-21/arch-arm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PWD: C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/l

ib/commonAPI/coreapi

E:/Mobile/Android/android-ndk-r10c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt

/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe --sysroot E:/Mobile/Android/an

droid-ndk-r10c/platforms/android-21/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compa

re -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-prote

ctor-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -I"C

:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/com

monAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android/generated/jni" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4

.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platfo

rm/android/../../shared" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.

9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobi

leSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/android/Rhodes/

jni/include/rhodes/details" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems

/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSu

ite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared" -I"C:/Motor

olaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/share

d/common" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes

-4.1.1/platform/shared/api_generator" -I"E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplicat

ion/bin/tmp/include" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/

gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/ruby" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/l

ib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Motorol

aRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/

ruby/generated" -c "ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c" -o "E:/Mobile/R

hoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/tmp/coreapi/arm/application_ruby_api.c.o"

In file included from C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/ge

ms/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby/ruby.h:25:0,

from C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/ge

ms/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby.h:32,

from ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c:1:

←[31mC:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/p

latform/shared/ruby/android/ruby/config.h:308:24: fatal error: asm/page.h: No su

ch file or directory

←[0mcompilation terminated.

rake aborted!

Extension build failed: C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/

gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug => package:android => b

uild:android:all => build:android:rhobundle => build:android:extensions

====================================

Also, will building using "rake run:android:device" generate the .apk file? If yes, where can I locate it?

Daniel Silva

See this thread.  I think you have the same issue.  Might need to change NDK to an older version.  I am running r10b and I do not see this issue.

Re: Compilation Error building for Android

Babatunde Oyeyemi

I couldnt get some previous versions of NDK. I was able to find r9 and r10. r9 generated the .apk file but with some errors. So when I try to install the .apk file on a device, it says it's invalid.

see part of the error below:

Building APK file...

PWD: E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools

CMD: "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0/bin/java.exe" -Xmx1024m -classpath E:/Mobil

e/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools/lib/sdklib.jar com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuild

erMain E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-tmp.apk -

z E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/rhodes.ap_ -f E:/Mobile/RhoMobi

leWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/classes.dex

THIS TOOL IS DEPRECATED. See --help for more information.

Align Debug APK file

rake aborted!

No such file or directory - E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools/zipalign.exe

-f -v 4 E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-tmp.apk

E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-debug.apk

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug

=======================================

Can you share with me your version of NDK? I cant find anywhere to download it.

Daniel Silva

I think your NDK is probably OK now, but for some reason google keeps moving files around.  As you can see, we are looking for zipalign.exe here.

E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools/zipalign.exe 

Which is where is used to be.  In the latest SDKs, they moved it under build-tools, so you can just copy it from there back to tools as a workaround.  I believe we have updated where we are looking for this in 5.0.

So copy the file from  E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/build-tools/Some Android Platform/zipalign.exe to E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools/zipalign.exe

Babatunde Oyeyemi

Thanks for pointing me to that. However, when I copied the file to the said location, this happened:

Building APK file...

PWD: E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools

CMD: "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0/bin/java.exe" -Xmx1024m -classpath E:/Mobil

e/Android/android-sdk/sdk/tools/lib/sdklib.jar com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuild

erMain E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-tmp.apk -

z E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/rhodes.ap_ -f E:/Mobile/RhoMobi

leWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/classes.dex

THIS TOOL IS DEPRECATED. See --help for more information.

Align Debug APK file

rm -rf E:/Mobile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-tmp.apk

search for adb logcat to kill ========================================

Loading package...

CMD: E:/Mobile/Android/android-sdk/sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe -d install -r E:/M

obile/RhoMobileWS/RhoMobileApplication/bin/target/android/1-debug.apk

error: device not found

- waiting for device -

========================================

and it waited forever (about 4 hours) before I decided to abort it.

I was thinking it was waiting for an android device to install the generated "1-debug.apk" file and couldnt find but even when I tried to install the file myself, it says the apk file is invalid.

Daniel Silva

The waiting for 4 hours part sounds like adb did not connect to your device.  You need to be able to get your device to show up when you type adb devices at the command line.

Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

Depending on what your device is, you may need to load some drivers on your PC.  If it is a Motorola Solutions device, you will need our drivers.

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=95914

The invalid apk problem might be that you don't have "Allow apps from unknown sources" checked on your device.

See the bottom of this page:

Publishing Overview | Android Developers

Babatunde Oyeyemi

I'm still having problem installing, giving me invalid apk. Even when I build a signed production version, still same error. I also tried installing the apk file manually, I still get the same invalid error message. Could it be something wrong with the Android SDK and NDK version I'm using?

If possible, could you please upload your version of Android SDK and NDK for me to download and use please?

Daniel Silva

I don't think it would be a problem with the SDK or NDK.

What is the device you are trying to load it on?  What version of Android is on that device?  Some carriers do not allow non market apps to be installed, so it may be that, or maybe the app is being built with a newer minimum version than you device has.

If you now have adb working, you could do adb install myappname.apk   at the command line from the folder where the apk file is on your pc.  Sometimes that will show you an error you didn't see in a log.  You could also then do adb logcat to see what's in the logs on the device when the install fails.

Have you tried running this app on the Android Emulator?

If you want to attach the apk, I will try it here on one of my devices.

Babatunde Oyeyemi

I guess the problem isnt about SDK or NDK like you said but the naming convention.

I named the app, "1" and it generates 1-debug.apk which gives error while installing. But when I changed the name to something alphabitic or alphanumeric like "Rho1", it works and installs fine.

Is there any restrictions on naming conventions in RhoMobile?

Jon Tara

error: device not found

- waiting for device -

I've found that it sometimes helps to simply unplug and re-plug the USB cable when this happens.

While I mostly work with iOS, I've experienced this with Galaxy Tab 2s and almost half the time I have to unplug and re-plug the USB cable, or perhaps wait to plug it in until after you get the waiting message.