Possible database problems on Samsung devices

B Bart Fukkink 3 years ago
1 2 0

Good day!

In our application we made a system that automatically collects software errors and sends them to our bug tracking system. In this bug tracker, we are seeing some wierd behaviour on some Samsung Android devices.
So far we have seen it on 3 different devices:
* Samsung Galaxy S4 (samsung jfvelte)* Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE (samsung mondrianlte)* Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE (samsung picassolte)

They all run on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) and the error we recieve is this:

ArgumentError: could not execute statement: 14; Message: unable to open database file    lib/RhoDatabaseApi.rb:174:in `execute'    lib/RhoDatabaseApi.rb:174:in `_execute_sql'    lib/RhoDatabaseApi.rb:133:in `executeSql'    lib/RhoDatabaseApi.rb:377:in `update_into_table'    lib/rhom/rhom_object_factory.rb:1643:in `block in save'    lib/rhom/rhom_object_factory.rb:1592:in `each'    lib/rhom/rhom_object_factory.rb:1592:in `save'

We currently dont have any of the Samsung devices here to test on, but from the reports that we see, this error does not occur on a specific action. It happens in different parts of the application.

Oh, and our app is build with RhoStudio 4.1. We currently have no option to test it in RhoStudio 5.0 yet.

Does anyone have any clue on what might cause this problem?

Cheers,
Bart

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

B Bart Fukkink

Hello Nicolas,

I can now confirm that Hardware Acceleration is the cause of the problems. Turning this off indeed fixes the random crashes that occur.

We have turned it off for now, but sadly we are back to our problems with canvas and trying to draw elements. I`ll put this up to Motorola aswell.

Thanks again for sharing the sollution!

Bart

K Kutir Mobility

Bart,
We are trying to analyse the root of the issue. We think it could be that the database ram is full ? - but not sure. I will get back to you.

Visnupriya R
Kutir Mobility

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?