Can I use the camera on the MC7596 in Enterprise Browser?

// Expert user has replied.
W William Daly 3 years ago
9 5 0

I'm having trouble understanding if I can use the camera on the MC7596 in Enterprise Browser. In the "Using the APIs" section of the Help, I see reference to EB.Camera but in the API section, Camera is not listed.

Is the Camera supported in Enterprise Browser? If so, would the user see a viewfinder on the screen and how would I use it?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

S Sunil Kumar

Hi William,

I have attached a simple html page which shows how Camera can be enabled, disabled, and image captured in Enterprise Browser.

Place the attached file under the HTML folder of the EB installation directory and point your config.xml to this page and then launch EB.

Captured image can be found at the root of the device.

And as Rob has already mentioned, you can control how the viewfinder appears via the api set available to control that.

Please let me know if you are able to get the Camera working with this or not.

Thanks

Sunil

R Robert Galvin

I also seem to recall some update needed on some WinMo devices that made the Camera appear as an imager. Also check the debugging guide for using Wienre to explore the APIs. It makes it very easy to see what is being returned and what objects are available.

R Robert Galvin

William,

You should use the Imager API: - Can you let me know where you see reference to EB.Camera? That should be removed.

W William Daly

There are 4 references to EB.Camera in the API overview at the below link.

I had noticed the Imager in the API, but haven't been successful trying to use it in a test case. My test case copied the 14 lines of code from "Usage" under the "imagerEnumEvent" section on the API page as well as the script include of elements.js. When I run it, it fails on the first line. Are there any samples or tutorials on how to use the Imager?

W William Daly

When I use the Imager correctly, will it show a viewfinder on the screen so the user knows what they're taking a picture of?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?