Unable to connect to Windows share from MK3190

D David Fatkin 2 years 11 months ago
1 1 0

I am developing an application in C# .net Compact Framework 3.5 for an MK3190. However, I've been experiencing issues with connecting to a networked Windows share. Once prompted for credentials, the connection to the share is never made.

I was able to locate an update for Windows Embedded Compact 7 that referred to an issue with connecting to Windows shares but I'm not sure if this is specific to my problem. (see FIX: A Windows Embedded Compact 7-based device that you connect to a Windows-based computer cannot access an SMB share f…)

I am now attempting to use VS2008 and the Platform Builder to create a new platform with all the updates to hopefully solve the issue with connecting to Windows shares but I hit a roadblock with the BSP or lack thereof. I was able to locate a company called Adeneo that has a BSP available for a price.

Is this the only option or is there another known fix for connecting to Windows shares?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

You would not be able to build a new BSP for our devices.  You would need all of our hardware related add ons (drivers, etc).  If you have our latest BSP on the device, that looks like it has all of the fixes from Microsoft up to Nov 2013 included, so I would expect that this fix is already there.  Did you try setting the registry entry they mention?

All of that said, I'm not sure how well a Windows Share is going to work on a device that might go to suspend mode at any time.  If you do get this working, I would do a lot of testing to see what happens is you are in the middle of some operation and the device suspends, and also see how quickly the share reconnects when the device is powered back up. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?