SB1: Software Keyboard Input & Advanced Settings security

// Expert user has replied.
K Khai-Van Phu 3 years ago
0 1 0

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience on SB1 running OS revision 02.01.39.

There is a new (nice) feature coming with this release => config.keyboardEnabled in file config.js

When set to false, SB1's default soft input keyboard won't show up when an HTML input field get the focus. And this is what I want.

However you will NOT be able to access SB1's advanced settings when you configure these 2 settings as follow in config.js.

config.keyboardEnabled = false;
config.adminPINrequire = true;

As the software input keyboard is disabled, you can't key in the password to access SB1 advanced settings.

That would be great to have SB1 soft input panel disabled ONLY when in apps and enabled when navigating in the system shell.

Regards
Khai-Van PHU

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Venkatasubbaiah Chenna

Hello Khal-Van

Yes this feature does not disable the keyboard only for apps and its disable on full device. We have introduced this feature to allow application to bring their own keyboard like Qwerty keyboard. But you are right this does not bring keyboard for PIN as well.

In upcoming versions we have removed this feature and provided a configuration to app level on apps.json. Using this you can disable keyboard for your application. And keyboard works on all other places.

thanks
Chenna

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?