With WiFi Country Selection set to Auto, my device "Acquired Country" is "Jamaica"

// Expert user has replied.
P Pietro Francesco Maggi 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

...and last time I checked I was still in Italy :-)

test done on office M-Guest. Another device (TC55 KK) correctly acquires country Italy.

I'm still on 110714 BSP.

~Pietro

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

D David Singer

Folks,

As per our Wi-Fi Team,

We recommend that each TC75 Device have the Country Selection set to "your specific country" and NOT Auto.

This should/will resolve any problems with trying to associate to an AP.
If you feel this is not the case, please let us know.
Thank you.
David Singer

M Mark Mann

Team,

Below is what I've observed with the TC75 Fusion settings when connected with Motorola AP versus Non Motorola AP:

Issue: WiFi Connecting…..

TC75 Build 50-03-00-D1
Configure Wlan profile to connect to Motorola network and itwill connect out of the box.

However, If you connect to a Non Motorola network (SprintHotspot) it will not connect and not get an IP.  Resolution is to go intoAdvance Settings and change the Country Code from Auto to USA and then the TC75 willconnect.

I noticed that when I tried to connect back to the Motorolawireless profile it did not connect.  I had to turn off the WiFi Radio off andturn it back on and then it connected.

Compared to MC40:

MC40 Running Build 052014
I was able to connect to the Motorola Network and get an IPaddress.

I then was able to configure a new WLAN and connect to theSprint Hotspot and get an IP address while the Advance Country Code setting wasAuto.

There appears to be a difference in how the TC75 behaves versus the MC40.

Mark

D David Singer

Pietro, 

Our Wi-Fi expert (Darpan) asked the following:

Can you please elaborate a bit more on the issue.

What is the Country selected to? Is it Auto?

Can you please provide the advanced logs for this issue?

Thank you.
David

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?