Slow reinstallation via App Manager persistent profile

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
0 2 0

I have an EMDK application which installs and persists approx 15 apps and is working OK on a TC55 after an enterprise reset apart from the fact that there is a delay of approx 2 mins after the device boots up to the Android home screen before it starts to reinstall the apps defined in my persistent XML profile. Is there a reason for this delay and can it be reduced? My concern is that the end user could start to work with the unit before any apps are reinstalled due to the long delay where nothing happens.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gururaja Joshi

We need more information on below queries  

After the device boots up to  Android home screen,after that there is 2 mins of delay before processing  EMDKConfig.xml and installation ?
Or
After device boots up to  Android home screen and it takes 2 mins to install EMDK apps present in config?

What we found from shared EMDKConfig.xml that it has many configuration, which definitely takes some time to install. Installation time depends on number entries present on config xml file. 

R Robert Galvin

Ian,

Can you share your full EMDKConfig.xml? From  what you are saying, it sounds like there would be a delay no matter how many apps are persisted.

"is a delay of approx 2 mins after the device boots up to the Android home screen before it starts to reinstall "

Also - what are you using as an indicator that the install has started? What other applications and services do you have running on the device?

Thanks
Rob

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?