WIn32 Application for Windows Mobile 5.0

A Andrew Klare 2 years 11 months ago
29 1 0

The unit is a MC9090-G. I am attempting to get an application that we have running on CE.NET to run under Windows Mobile 5.0.  I have compiled the app with VS 2008.  For Window Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Device R2 (armvi).  We have purchased a code signing certificate and signed the exe file as well as installed the certificate on the unit.  I have deployed the application using Visual Studio to make sure all of the necessary SDK dlls are on the unit.  But we are still getting "The file cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore the application".  I am running the application through windows explorer so I know it is not a bad shortcut.  Has any one overcome this issue before?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Can you try debugging the app on the device using Visual Studio?  Sometimes that will give you a better idea of where the issue is.  Or it will actually download a missing component that you didn't know you needed.

You didn't mention what version of EMDK you are using (if any) but there are compatibility notes in the readme file that comes with the EMDK.

It's been a while since I did this (years) but I did help a customer take their CE app and adapt it for Pocket PC.  The main thing I remember is that every form on Pocket PC/Win Mobile must have a MainMenu defined. In some of the older iterations of CE apps, that was not generated by default.

The other difference might be that there is a version of Compact Framework that comes preloaded on Windows Mobile.  Maybe the version on the device does not support something you need.  You can load another version on using a cab file if you need to.  You can see what version(s) are installed by navigating to \windows in file explorer on the device and clicking on cgacutil.exe

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?