PlatformNotSupportedException CE7

E Elias Koukoulas 2 years 11 months ago
9 3 0

I have a empty project (compact framework 3.5) for pda. I add a imagelist and i add a image in the list. When i deploy the project at a CE7 device (Motorola MC32N0) i get a PlatformNotSupportedException at the line
this.imageList1.Images.Add(((System.Drawing.Image)(resources.GetObject("resource"))));The stacktrace is:
  at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..ctor(Int32 culture) at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetCompareInfo(Int32 culture) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo() at System.Collections.Comparer..ctor(CultureInfo culture) at System.Collections.Comparer..cctor() at System.OrdinalComparer.EqualsStringImpl(String x, String y) at System.StringComparerImpl.Equals(Object x, Object y) at System.Collections.Hashtable.KeyEquals(Object item, Object key) at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32 lcid, String name, String altName) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(String name) at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetSortingLCID(Int32 culture) at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..ctor(Int32 culture) at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetCompareInfo(Int32 culture) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo() at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetHashCode() at System.Collections.Hashtable.GetHash(Object key) at System.Collections.Hashtable.InitHash(Object key, Int32 hashsize, UInt32& seed, UInt32& incr) at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name) at SmartDeviceProject5.Form1.InitializeComponent() at SmartDeviceProject5.Form1..ctor() at SmartDeviceProject5.Program.Main()I only get this exception in CE7. Any ideas?

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Elias Koukoulas

Is it possible to downgrade the PDA (MC32N0) to CE6 in order to bypass the problem?
If so can you give me some instructions?

V Vedsatx Saddvv

No, it is not possible to downgrade to CE6.

Do you have all of the prerequisites mentioned in the EMDK release notes?  Particularly these ones?

If developing applications for Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 (CE 7.0) is a requirement, then install the followings:

Microsoft® Visual Studio 2008 with Service Pack1
Install the update that adds support for Windows Embedded Compact 7.0
Install the update that extends support for Windows Embedded Compact 7.0. This fix is required only if you are targeting ATL or MFC.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Not sure what you mean by "for pda".  Windows Ce is not the same as Pocket PC or Windows Mobile.  You need to target Windows CE.  And for a CE7 device, you will want to have our PSDK installed on your developer machine, so once you do that you can target the specific device you are working with.  Below is a link to our PSDK for MC32N0.  Install this on your developer PC, then target your app to that device and it should work fine. 

Not directly related to your issue, but just so you know,  if you do not have a PSDK from one of our CE7 devices installed on your developer machine, you will also likely run into debugging issues.

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionI…

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?