5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 6:29 PM by Bill Hecox

EMDK 3.0 OS UPDATE ISSUE.

Teo Shin Hao

Hi,

I placed my factory reset zip into internal path. Followed guide of EMDK3.0 OS Upgrade to flash the zip from my application.

But I tried /storage/sdcard/TC55.zip and /internal/TC55.zip, it able to found the zip and shut down to proceed to boot loader, but in boot loader,

The tiny "ROBOT" icon will freeze and not proceed the flash of zip file. Any clue?

• Re: EMDK 3.0 OS UPDATE ISSUE.
          Bill Hecox

If you place the update zip on the root of the internal sdcard, your path should be  /sdcard/"your_update.zip"

With the following xml profile I successfully applied an os update to the TC55 form the internal sdcard.

characteristic type="ProfileInfo">

<parm name="created_wizard_version" value="3.0.2"/>

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="Profile">

<parm name="ProfileName" value="osUpdate"/>

<parm name="ModifiedDate" value="2015-02-11 15:09:24"/>

<characteristic type="PowerMgr" version="4.2">

<parm name="emdk_name" value="update"/>

<parm name="ResetAction" value="8"/>

<characteristic type="file-details">

<parm name="ZipFile" value="/sdcard/tc55_update.zip"/>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

Teo Shin Hao

Good Morning Bill,

I tried your method. It is exactly what I am doing. The sdcard/"your_update.zip"  means the actual SD CARD? how do I do it without actual sd card? Because when I place the ZIP in /internal, using either /intenal, Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getPath(), or /storage , It is not working.

Have a nice day!

ShinHao

Bill Hecox

In my case, I did not have an external(removeable) sdcard in the TC55. The mount points  /sdcard and /internal point to the same internal emulated storage.

After your code that places the update zip on the internal storage, can you ADB SHELL to the device, cd in to the /sdcard directory and verify that your file exists?

The recovery system, that is installing your update zip ( the little android with the spinning gear screen), may only know about the mount point /sdcard not /internal. So your path set in

the xml profile will need to be at /sdcard.

Teo Shin Hao

Hi,

Using the adb shell, it state is keeping inside \internal or storage\sdcard1.

But using both dir is not working, i mean it wont proceed to flash zip.

Bill Hecox

Good Morning Teo Shin,

I just realized that my TC55 has a newer unreleased OS image on it, So i'm likely not seeing the same issue you are having.   Lets step back a bit, can you adb shell into your device and try to navigate to /storage/sdcard1/ ?   Is this where your internal sdcard is mounted? I'm currently trying to install JellyBean back on my device so I can duplicate your issue.

Anyone else out there with a TC55 Jellybean device, please chime in, we need to know what the mount point of the internal sdcard, and then what the path the internal sdcard would be during recovery mode.