3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 10:39 AM by Joydeep Chakraborty

barcode scanner size

gaby awad

i am having a problem with the barcode scanner size on large screen phones (galaxy s5,s4,sony z3,note2...) and it is harder to scanIMG-20150130-WA0005.jpg

• Re: barcode scanner size
          fen den

I guess you were using Sony. I don't know which bar code scanner app you installed, did you try others? Shopsavvy is a good now, you can search if there's a version for android.

Mike Bennett

Hi

We have encountered the same issue on the Galaxy S4 when using the standard barcode API.  We've discussed this with Zebra and they suggested raising a change request, which we have done.

Until Zebra make a change, the only way round this issue is to use another API, but this is not a trivial task.  Did you try this and get anything working?

Regards

Mike

Joydeep Chakraborty

Hi Gaby,

In Rho we use third party SDK for bacode scanning in consumer android devices. I think  that version of third party software does not work well with larger screen devices.

For your case, you can create a native extension where you can use any native android SDK for scanning which works with these larger screen devices. But as Mike suggested it is not a trivial task.

You can raise a ticket in the Zendesk for the same and try to get this fixed via official Zebra support channel

Regards,

Joydeep