barcode scanner size

// Expert user has replied.
g gaby awad 2 years 11 months ago
0 3 0

i am having a problem with the barcode scanner size on large screen phones (galaxy s5,s4,sony z3,note2...) and it is harder to scan

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Mike Bennett

Hi

We have encountered the same issue on the Galaxy S4 when using the standard barcode API.  We've discussed this with Zebra and they suggested raising a change request, which we have done.

Until Zebra make a change, the only way round this issue is to use another API, but this is not a trivial task.  Did you try this and get anything working?

Regards

Mike

J Joydeep Chakraborty

Hi Gaby,

In Rho we use third party SDK for bacode scanning in consumer android devices. I think  that version of third party software does not work well with larger screen devices.

For your case, you can create a native extension where you can use any native android SDK for scanning which works with these larger screen devices. But as Mike suggested it is not a trivial task.

You can raise a ticket in the Zendesk for the same and try to get this fixed via official Zebra support channel
Regards,
Joydeep

f fen den

I guess you were using Sony. I don't know which bar code scanner app you installed, did you try others? Shopsavvy is a good now, you can search if there's a version for android.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?