TC70 Scanning

// Expert user has replied.
T Tom Flynn 3 years 5 months ago
3 5 0

I've been testing our scanning setup using the DataWedge app on the TC70 and I'm finding that the scanner is not very responsive. Has anyone else had the same issue? I have scanned with three different TC70 devices.

We have large barcodes that we put on our vehicles to help our drivers do inspections on their vehicle and have had no issues using winmo and a 9590 to do this scanning with these barcodes for over a year. With our implementation on Android using the DataWedge I can't have the barcodes stuck to anything other than the sheet they come on, (there are five of them), and when the barcodes are that close there's no real pinpoint control on which of the five barcodes you're scanning.

I have one barcode stuck to my overhead bin, (taupe colored), and another stuck to a notebook, (black), and I cannot get the scanner on the TC70 to scan them at all. When I scan with a TC75 or a 9590, they scan perfectly every time. It doesn't appear to be just our barcodes either, I'm unable to scan the UPC code on the notebook, but can scan one of the Symbol barcodes on the box one of the TC70 devices was delivered to me in.

I need to know if this is a problem with the TC70 devices, or something in how they are set up. To the best of my knowledge, there is no difference in the setup between the TC70 devices and the TC75 device I have used to test.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

D David Singer

Can you attach a copy of the 5 bar codes on a sheet so we can try as well?

T Tom Flynn

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:12 PM, David Singer

T Tom Flynn

Here's a better set of barcodes

E Efkan YILMAZ

HI Tom, to make sure your devices are up to date on sw. Please send us the BSP number.
You can find it in : Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (last option on menu)

T Tom Flynn

01-23245-K-00-00-00-G1-112414 release keys

It's the same on all the TC70 devices I've tested with.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Ana Sanchez

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?