Barcode reading Issue

// Expert user has replied.
t tusar das 2 years 11 months ago
9 3 0

Dear All,

I am trying  to read  1D barcode thru Enterprise browser on Motorola MC 9190R1 device. I am running the sample barcode code  given in the Enterprise browser  homepage tutorial. I am able to read the barcode using MC 9190R1  barcode sample application

Need help to understand what needs to be done.

Thanks

Regards
Tusar

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Andrew Pengelly

In the earlier PocketBrowser 2.1 we used the CONFIG.XML file to "preload" the scanner.  So XML content was ....

Moving to EnterpriseBrowser we have found that all of these preloads appear to work EXCEPT the scanner preload.  This gets rejected.  I'm keen to know if anyone has found an equivalent to this as changing your application code is not an easy solution.

t tusar das

Hi Pietro,
thanks barcode scanning is working.
I have below queries on RFID
1- What is the prerequisite for RFID to work on EB.?
2- I installed evaluation version of EB , i do not see WTG_RFID_PLG.dll in the plug in folder, any reason for this??
3- I down loaded Rho_Elements_RFID_Plugin_V1.0.0.3 and copied the WTG_RFID_PLG.dll into EB plug in folder and copied the RhoElements_RFID_Plugin_sampleApp in to EB installation directory , the sample main.html does not read RF tags.
4-As part of the realease note RFID_RhoElements_Release_NotesV1.0.0.3, I dowenloaded and installed

RhoElements version 2.1 service pack 1(part of the RhoMobile Suite v2.1 Service Pack 1) but still mail.html  RF read does not work.

As I understand   EB  is higher version than Rho elements 2.1, why I need Rho for RFID to work.  As far as config Rho has same config as EB.
Why WTG_RFID_PLG.dll is not available in plug in folder though plug in config  has entry .

Wanted to know what is missing.

appreciate your  guidance

Regards
Tusar

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Tusar,
from your side I need to have a clear statement of what is the issue.

1. Are you able to scan the barcode through Enterprise Browser?
2. Do you know which Barcode typology the barcode is using (EAM13, CODE128, I2O5 ?)
3. Which sample page are you using?

without this data is nearly impossible to help you and we can only make suggestions...

BTW A common issue is that I2OF5 is using minlength =14 and maxlength = 10 (to read only code with len 10 or 14 and nothing else).
Supposing that you're using this tutorial: https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/docs/DOC-2584
And that you're using I2OF5, you can try adding after the code EB.Barcode.enable(), the instructions:
EB.Barcode.i2of5minLength = 1;
EB.Barcode.i2of5maxLength = 50;

Best regards
~Pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?