Enterprise browser RFID plugin

// Expert user has replied.
t tusar das 2 years 11 months ago
21 4 0

Dear ALL,

Any body knows the link to download  for  Enterprise browser RFID plugin. In the motorola support site i could see Rho_Elements_RFID_Plugin_V1.0.0.3. Will it work in EB for RF reading?? Barcode scanning is working .

Regards
Tusar

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, I saw your note and I hope I can assist:

I had a recent requirement to convert my Pocket Browser code with RFID to the new Enterprise Browser with RFID.  After some guidance from many folks at Zebra, I can report that the RFID plugin will work with Enterprise Browser (installed on Windows Mobile 6.5 on the MC919Z).

RFID Plugin and sample code:

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionI…

Developer Documentation:
   http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/2.2.0/rhoelements/rfid

Setup and Installation Instructions

Install Enterprise Browser on the MC9190Z.
Rho_Elements_RFID_Plugin_V1.0.0.3.zip Contains the “WTG_RFID_PLG.dll” After installing Enterprise Browser on the device, copy the “WTG_RFID_PLG.dll” under “\Program Files\EnterpriseBrowser\Plugin\” folder.
RhoElements_RFID_Plugin_sampleApp.zip Contains a RFID sample html application. Copy the “SampleApp” folder from “RhoElements_RFID_Plugin_sampleApp” to the following location on the device \Program Files\EnterpriseBrowser\HTML\
Modify the Enterprise Browser “Config.xml” located at the following location to point to “Main.html” under “SampleApp” folder. \Program Files\EnterpriseBrowser\Config\Config.xml Modify the StartPage attribute in the Config.xml to Set PreLegacyActiveX to 1.
Launch Enterprise Browser and read RFID tags by pressing the Trigger buttons.

If you have already installed the DataWedge RFID plugin, you will need to either disable DataWedge before running Enterprise Browser, or create a DataWedge profile that will disable RFID when Enterprise Browser is running.  I could not find any specific RFID module instructions, but there are instructions for the scanner that I used as an example to disable RFID:
http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/2.2.0/rhoelements/

S Sunil Kumar

Hi

Rhoelements RFID plugin support isn't available with Enterprise Browser as of now. It was developed and released by RFID team themselves as a separate extension.

Please do let me know if there is a business need to support this in Enterprise Browser. I will take it up with Product Management accordingly.

Thanks
Sunil

P Pablo Cavallo

Hi, I'm trying to use EB with the RhoElements RFID plugin too. I can't get it working,
Barcode scanning is working.

The object rfid exists in the browser context, but does not recognize methods calls.
(weinre debug)

rfid
NPObject 0057DB24, NPClass 013FCAD8

rfid.connect()
undefined

Thanks in advance!
Pablo

R Robert Galvin

This plugin should work, although I have not personally tested it. You would follow similar instructions to RhoElements 2.x migration and the use of Meta Tags.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?