MobiControl Packages will not install on TC75

I build some easy deplyment packages which simply should install an apk file on the TC75.

Using MobiControl Version 12 it simply failed.

Comparing this to a TC70 device which does use the same parameter and the same SOTI group and server, everything worked perfect.

Is somebody able to do a replication test and let me know why this basic fiunction will not work ?

Herbert De Jong
hello horst,  what is the

hello horst, 

what is the OSbuild in use on TC75

On which place / folder did you try to place the files on TC75 device ?

if you use INTERNAL STORAGE it might have problems with permissions

could you elaborate.

.also TC70 GA1 is using an 'interim' method in regards with how Storage is handled, and it will change towards how TC75 and other KK device will work.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
  I use K-07-03-00-D3.  I

I use K-07-03-00-D3. 

I used internal storage, because the customer does not use SD Cards so far. 

Just tested external storage this does not work as well.

This is the screen shot from Package Studio, should be a very easy job...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
HI Horst,you might want to

HI Horst,

you might want to update to 08 01 00 D3

but on KK writing to Storage  either intenal primary or external secondary is limited

could you use /data/tmp/  instead to put APK there and then run install command

also reveal the  post install commands you used in the package as well if /data/tmp/ fails as well

and or get ADB log of the failed installation.

RXlogger built in on 08 01 allows you to capture it quite easily.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Hello Herbert,right now I

Hello Herbert,

right now I want to wait with the update until Friday, where I do have a customer beta meeting.

I got the information that along with 08.01.00 D3 there might be some difficulties along with WLAN. Right know we are testing WLAN in the depot, so I would not like to risk this.

Unfortunately I got some issues in parallel along with SOTI`s file sync, therefore I do not know what alternatives I have in addition.

However, deploying a Package studio apk file should always work. I will do some additional tests and logging, but I guess the reproduction scenario is very clear, therefore I would expect to get some information back from here how this can be solved without a workaround.

Kind regards

Horst

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
I updated to the latest

I updated to the latest available version: K-08-04-00-D3

I am still not able to deploy a MobiControl Package

Situation is critical.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glen Rockford
Due to rebranding efforts,

Due to rebranding efforts, you will need to use a re-branded version of the MobiControl client.  We just received this from Soti a few days ago and it is in Solutions Test.  I'm waiting to hear back on the status of this client and when this "beta" version can be released.  As soon as available for release, we'll get you a copy that you can side-load.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Hello Glen,really good news,

Hello Glen,

really good news, so I will be able to bring the MDM part of the project on a track again soon :-)

thank you,

Horst

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Hello Glen,I updated my

Hello Glen,

I updated my device today to 01-23257-K-09-04-00-D3.

The Soti Staging App was there. So I used this to read my config barcode and get the device connected to the SOTI server version 12.

Unfortunately first thing was that the Agent was updated automatically which took some extra time.

After that the SOTI Staging app was not available any longer...!

Then I tried to install some packages for Apps and configuration of the device which I always used for TC70 tests. It simply failed.

To make it as easy as possible I just deployed an apk which failed as well.

Then I tried to install an apk which already exist on the SD Card. Even this failed.

Typical error messages in SOTI are:

- Error writing to file on device

- Error message received from device (Failed to install application com.ptvag.navigation.app from package PTV_Navigator)

I assumed that "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" will prevent the installation of the package, but this was not the problem.

UnfortunateIy I already delivered the latest OS to the customer, before I did my tests. They planned to work over the weekend to do all MDM tests.

I need an answer very urgent, why it is still not possible to deploy a SOTI package just containing an apk.

Kind regards

Horst

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glen Rockford
Hi Horst,What version of the

Hi Horst,

What version of the the Agent is being loaded by the Server?  Dave Degrassi, our MDM SME, is looking into this with SOTi and will update you later.  He has a link to this thread.

Regards,
Glen

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Hello Glen,the SOTI Agent is

Hello Glen,

the SOTI Agent is Version 12.0.0 Build 18571

Kind regards

Horst

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glen Rockford
Hi Horst,The version of the

Hi Horst,

The version of the MobiControl client that is part of BSP 09-04 is the same version as yours, but a differnet build number.  This client has been in validation since my earlier message and there have been several SOTi client MDM issues openned.  These issues are being actively worked with SOTi - Please accept my apologies that the MobiControl client appearing in the BSP may have given the impression that it was ready and fully tested - I should've let you know sooner that the MobiControl client is still considered an alpha release and is still in system validation.

Best Regards,

Glen

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Hello Glen,I just informed

Hello Glen,

I just informed the customer to stop his plan`s for testing over this weekend.

Do you have an idea, at what time we might have a OS Version which will work along with SOTI. Knowing this, I will be able to prepare the customer for the next steps.

Kind regards

Horst

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
Because there is still no

Because there is still no working SOTI agent available, we should start think about workarounds.

Using the current agent, I would need to have a list what does work right now and what not, so I do not have to test everything.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Nicholas Davis
Is this issue still being

Is this issue still being worked on? Currently working on a customer pilot (Con-way) kicking off in July with a 10000+ device roll-out.  

I'm currently using:

MobiControl v12.1.0.22487

MobiControl Agent v12.1.0.22425

Android Build:

01-23257-K-10-06-00-D3

Unable to install packages on device with error "error writing to file on device" via a package deployment rule.

Is there a workaround or fix scheduled for release?

Thanks,

Nick Davis

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Horst Anderlohr
It is still not working along

It is still not working along with K-11-04-00-MV

My Rollout will start in 10 days !!!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Lindahl
SOTI was to release their

SOTI was to release their working agent for the TC75 last week.  But it is not out yet.  Haven't heard an update on release time.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’