1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 2:45 AM by Tobias Kiefer

    Native extension build error because of R.java

    Tobias Kiefer

      Hello everybody,

       

      I get the same error as described in the google group of rhomobile: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rhomobile/ZoM-ZoFBgo0

       

      Unfortunately there was no solution for this thread. Had anybody the same problem and found a solution for it?

       

      Best

       

      Tobi

        • Re: Native extension build error because of R.java
          Tobias Kiefer

          So i have found a Solution myself. It seems that, when you add a strings.xml in your additional files, the standard strings.xml of Rhomobile gets overwritten and not extended. A solution to this problem is, that you copy everything from the standard strings.xml (\MotorolaRhoMobileSuite5.0.25\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.0.25\platform\android\Rhodes\res\values\strings.xml) to your own strings.xml in your additional files.

           

          I do not know if I did anything wrong so that the standard strings.xml gets overwritten but this workaround works for me.

           

          Best

          Tobi