Motorola TC55 Certificate Installed, but get error when trying to read

C Clayton French 2 years 11 months ago
7 1 0

I am installing an APK that requires a certificate to be installed on the device to talk to a server (SMP 3.0 Server).  When I install the certificate, the certificate installs smoothly.  When I launch either the application or try to ping the server with the browser the device tells me that the certificate name does not match.  This is a certificate that works on all other Android devices (Galaxy s3, s4, and Note) except for the enterprise devices (TC55 and ET1).   We just ordered 40 of these devices and unfortunately can't even run our application on them...

Are certificates handled differently with the TC55? Is there some where I can get more informationm?

Any help would be appreciate

-Clayton

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

How are you loading the certificate through Settings -> Security -> Install from storage/sdcard?

On Samsung devices any certificate the user imports is automatically trusted by the browser, our devices requires certs installed through the system (usually done with the EMDK). Here is a post to create a certificate installer APK using our EMDK that should help:

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?