MC9190 Windows embedded crashes with an application that was originally developed for the MC9090

// Expert user has replied.
B Brian Murphy 2 years 11 months ago
2 2 0

I have an application developed for an MC9090 but I want to deploy it on to our MC9190's. It works perfectly on the MC9090 but crashes on the command

Try            If (Symbol.Barcode.Device.AvailableDevices.Length > 1) Then                Dim devFrm As New frmSelectDevice                devFrm.ShowDialog()                Dim devName As String = devFrm.GetDeviceName()                If (Not ((devName Is Nothing) Or (devName Is ""))) Then
                    Scanning._MyReader = New Symbol.Barcode.Reader(New Symbol.Barcode.Device(devName))
                Else                    MessageBox.Show("No device selected.")                    Return False                End If
            Else                ' Create new reader, first available reader will be used.                Scanning._MyReader = New Symbol.Barcode.Reader            End If
            ' Create reader data            Scanning._MyReaderData = New Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData( _                                               Symbol.Barcode.ReaderDataTypes.Text, _                                               Symbol.Barcode.ReaderDataLengths.MaximumLabel)
            ' Enable reader, with wait cursor            Scanning._MyReader.Actions.Enable()

an error box pops up with the title "WrongMarshalSizeException was unhandled any help would be appreciated,

Regards

Brian

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Brian,
Which EMDK are you currently using to build your app?

Given that the MC9190 is using a newer OS, a recompile with a supported SDK may be required.

~Pietro

B Brian Murphy

I was using V 2.8 however I have just solved it with thanks to an article I found. VS2008 needs a service pack applied for it to work with Windows embedded. Thanks for the reply

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?