EHS 2.0 not recognising some URLs on the Links

// Expert user has replied.
P Pedro Tareco 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Hi.

If we try to setup a Link using the following URL the EHS does not display it.

I've investigated it further it is not liking the "&" sign.

Please note: this is a valid internal link to a customer network. It works if you type it on the web browser window.

Any suggestions or advices?

Many thanks
BRs
Pedro

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

P Pedro Tareco

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the information and the app. It will be usefull for future projects

There is a way to have different browsers opening different links on the EHS. Is is not properly documented in the .pdf user guide v1.0 but it is clear on the .htlm manual that comes with the EHS.

"

The package and activity attributes can be used to launch the url via a specified app. For example, to open the url in the Mozilla Mobile browser, the link node would look as follows…

By default EHS will launch a link using the Android default browser. In order to launch different browser in EHS, the package and activity names must be specified. If the specified browser does not exist on the device, EHS will not display the link on its screen

"

It works

Thanks
BRs
Pedro

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Pedro,

I think that EHS has the stock Android browser hard-coded to the link tag i.e. it always calls the standard browser to process the URL. One quick way around this could be to set the customer URL as the home page in Chrome and then just launch Chrome from EHS.  Another alternative is to change the default browser to Chrome using a utility such as Default App Manager (attached) and then in EHS add a small app which calls the browser intent with the required URL (as detailed at Android: Sending an Intent to Browser to open specific URL - Stack Overflow )

E Efkan YILMAZ

EHS's link icons use an ACTION_VIEW intent, which would pass the url to the any browser set as default.

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, "my url");

E Efkan YILMAZ

Pedro, you will need to use escape sequences for special characters since the URL is embedded in an xml document.  Try replacing the & symbol with  &

Here is a list of other escape sequences:
HTML Escape Characters: Complete List

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?