What happened with the Enterprise folder ?

// Expert user has replied.
H Horst Anderlohr 3 years ago
117 3 0

Hello Team,

testing Enterprise Homescreen and trying to store the .xml file for mass deployment I found that there are no subfolder in the /enterprise/ folder.
The settings for EHS need to be copied by a MDM system to the folder /enterprise/usr/ when deploying settings for the mass rollout or changing settings later on, by deploying the .xml file onto the device.
I am not able to create the necessary folders and I am not able to copy file into the enterprise folder.

Please advice.

OS tested: K-10-02

Kind regards

Horst

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

Hello Horst,

it is done as part of APA   Android Platform Architecture, where all our android based devices will become more uniform.

and this one is done to comply with Google CTS.

H Horst Anderlohr

Hello Herbert,

I just finished my test with EHS 2.0 along with Stage Now.
I deployed the XML file to the device into /enterprise/usr
This worked and the xml file will be consumed by EHS as soon as EHS is installed on the device.

So far so good.

I am still in the opinion, that the file structure should be shown on the device.
Even with our "Android File Browser" it is not possible to access the folder structure. You can do this right now only via adb.

Kind regards

Horst

H Herbert De Jong

Hello Horst,

Enterprise folder has lost  socalled ' worldacces'  so it's structure and files are  now invisible for 'user'

so using File Browser on device or Android File Browser on PC.

but using ADB shell  you can still access the structure or push an file

also an MDM like Soti or AW should be able to access and push this file to the device.

but i didnt try yet as it was told SOTI still need Server side permissions to work with TC75 / TC55 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?