How to determine installed EMDK version on TC55

How would I be able to tell which version of the EMDK is installed on a TC55?

How do I go about upgrading a TC55 to EMDK version 3.0?

Anonymous (not verified)
Paul,  On the TC55, go to

Paul,  On the TC55, go to Settings > Apps > All,   look for a an app named EMDK Service, the verison will be listed on its App Info page.

Once you have installed the EMDK for Android from EMDK For Android Downloads

Run the "Device Runtime Deployment" batch from the Start menu > Symbol EMDK folder.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Diston
Bill, Thanks for your reply.

Bill, Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the EMDK Service listed.

After running the "Device Runtime Deployment" the device has a EMDKOSUpdateApp v3.0 UP1 application deployed to it and started and the screen shows the following :-

Update Status:

Update script created

Connecting to script update script runner service..

Connected to script runner service

I think I might be missing something, this device hasn't been used for a while so might not be in the correct state however I am keen to get the device upgrade to EMDK 3.0.

What would you recommend?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Paul,you can check to be

Hi Paul,

you can check to be using an updated BSP and, if you're using a TC55 with the Google Services OS (with Google Map, Google Play Store, etc) you should check to have installed the Enterprise Enabler:

Settings -> About phone -> SW Components

the last voice is Enterprise Mode, the status should be enabled.

If is not, you should install the Enterprise Enabler.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Diston
Thank you so much, after

Thank you so much, after enabling Enterprise Mode I have now been able to upgrade to 3.0, the EMDK Service now appears and I am now able to run my application which targerts EMDK 3.0.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Dimmick
The Enterprise Enabler is no

The Enterprise Enabler is no longer available at the link you provided - I just get a blank page in both IE11 and Chrome. Is this software available from anywhere else?

The Integrator Guide says that it's available on the App Gallery on the device, but it doesn't appear there either.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Dimmick
OK, I've now found it. The

OK, I've now found it. The Enterprise Enabler package is currently available from the TC55 Update Image v1.74 with GMS (Google Mobile Services) Package page at <https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=94967&productDetailGUID=17bba9494c7a0410VgnVCM1…>.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bao Guo
Hi Mike,The link is not

Hi Mike,

The link is not available now. Could you just send me The Enterprise Enabler package? I really need that now.

Thank you!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bao Guo
Hi Pietro,The link is not

Hi Pietro,

The link is not available now. Could you just send me The Enterprise Enabler package? I really need that now.

Thank you!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Naura Galarde
Hi Pietro,I have the same

Hi Pietro,

I have the same problem. I can't find the Enterprise Enabler and I need it as soon as possible. Do you still have it? Can you send it to me?

Thank you!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Enterprise Enabler is

Enterprise Enabler is available on the support site under "TC55 OPERATING SYSTEM FOR GSM GMS DEVICES"/"Operating System for Android Jelly Bean". 

TC55 Operating System for GSM GMS Devices Support & Downloads | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’