9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 1:49 PM by Daniel Silva

Scan 2d barcode on Windows Mobile 6.5

Fausto Licardie

¿ What I need to scan 2d barcode on windows mobile 6.5 ? ¿Is there an example in EMDK for .NET?. ¿ What I need to have installed on my hand held model (MC9590)?

• Re: Scan 2d barcode on Windows Mobile 6.5
            Fausto Licardie

Thanks Lankiewicz, but I hace used Datawedge but I can only scan 1d barcode, ¿What I need to scan 2d barcode (PDF 417 specially) ? ¿ Is availabe a specific driver to scan 2d barcode ? and do you know if there is a sample in EMDK to do this ?

I hope your answers

Best regards

Daniel Silva

The scanner in the device (hardware) must be an imager.  If it is a laser scanner, it cannot scan 2D barcodes.  If the scanner shows a straight red line when it is lit, it is a laser scanner (1D only).  You didn't specify which device you are using, but some of our devices have a scanner (either laser or imager) plus a camera.  If your scanner is a laser scanner and the device also has a camera, you may be able to scan the 2D barcode using the camera, but you would need to select that in Datawedge instead of the scanner.  I'm not sure all devices support this, so it would help to specify what device you are using.  If you can provide the full part number, that would help determine if it has a laser scanner or an imager as well.

Fausto Licardie

I have the motorola handheld MC9095 , with this device can I scan 2d barcodes ?. Another question is that I have been seen is that there is a driver for this model MC9095  called "Document Capture v2.0 for MPA2 Products ", my question is if I need this requirement for scan 2d barcodes ? , another question is if ¿ There are samples to scan 2d barcodes in EMDK .NET?

I hope your answers

Daniel Silva

I think you mean MC9590.  I will paste in below the config matrix for this device.  It is available with several different scanners.  That's why I was asking for the whole part number.  You do not need document capture to read 2D barcode, you just need an Imager and to have Datawedge configured for PDF417 (or your EMDK app).  If you don't see the option for PDF417 in Datawedge, you probably have a laser scanner.  In the chart below, the letter that takes the place of the question mark will indicate what kind of scanner you have.

Data Capture   MC959X-K?XXXXXXXXX  

A = SE950 1D Laser Scan Engine

B = SE4500 2D imager

C = SE950 1D Laser with 3 MP Color Camera

D = SE4500 2D Imager with 3 MP Color Camera

E = SE4500 2D DL Imager with 3 MP Color Camera

F = SE4500 2D HD/DPM Imager with 3 MP Color Camera

G  SE960 1D Laser Scan Engine adaptive

H  SE960 1D Laser Scan Engine adaptive with 3 MP Color Camera

fen den

I also have similar request to scan 2d barcode in .net application.

Dan's post give me a good guide on it. Thanks a lot!