SimulScan API: How to return entire document image?

// Expert user has replied.
B Ben Wahlquist 2 years 11 months ago
3 2 0

I've been combing through the SimulScan API and sample code and can't find an example or explanation of how to get the API to return the entire document image along with the captured data elements.  We need this for archival review purposes.  Can I get some quick assistance with this?  Thanks!
Ben

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Evan Starkman

I have created a small sample application based off the EMDK SimulScanSample1 code which will achieve saving an image of an entire captured document on the SDcard.
This application includes two custom SimulScan templates which capture the entire document as an image region. In the corresponding Java code, the image is saved to /sdcard/simulscan/savedimages/.

Source code for the application can be found here:
SimulScanSaveDocument - Box​

The templates were created using TemplateBuilder.
Quick steps on using template builder can be found here:
Template Builder - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

The option required to capture the entire form as an image is "Output entire form".

Note:
To test the application, first launch the app and select DocCapture_OptionalBarcode_SavePicture.xml or DocCap_OptionalBarcode_Normalized_SavePicture.xml and capture a document. The captured document will be saved as a .jpg in /sdcard/simulscan/savedimages/.

R Robert Galvin

Hi Ben,

It appears that we have not exposed this functionality yet via the EMDK. We have added it to our feature request list.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?