Soti Agent not working as expected

// Expert user has replied.
J John Thurmes 3 years 5 months ago
4 1 0

2 issues have crept up recently that need to be reviewed ASAP.

MC40 V 70315
Soti Agent V12.2.0.23440
Soti Server V12.2.0.23409

When running the device, doesn't matter if it's RevA/B/C and you put a lockdown screen on the device via Soti.  The far bottom right button now brings up the Admin Password menu, used to be second from right.  Which isn't the end of the world but the password menu now comes up to get into admin mode, enter the password, hit OK, and typically when you hit the home button key you get to the desktop.  With the KK builds you now get into a endless loop to reenter the password and the password still remains from the previous attempt.  One way I've found to break the loop is to down swipe, hit the Settings Icon at the very top, hit the battery ICON, then hit home.

Issue 2, once you get to the home screen, hitting home again you'll be prompted "which home screen" would you like to use?  MobiControl or Launcher?

Customer opened a ticket with soti and sent a video, although since it's beta they won't officially comment on the issue They said that if I’m getting that prompt when I press home, then that firmware isn’t allowing them to change the launcher without user input.  I'll attempt to send a video of both tomorrow.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

J John Thurmes

From the customers discussions with Soti.

Unofficially it seems that the beta firmware isn’t setting the default launcher, which is why the user is prompted.  If the firmware would be changed to set the default launcher to the Android launcher, then the lockdown should be able to get control as it needs to and there should be no prompts for the user. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?