How does one develop an embedded application for the FX7500?

J Jakob West 2 years 11 months ago
86 2 0

I am trying to develop an embedded application for the FX7500, and am having trouble identifying the correct way to do this, as per Zebra best-practices. I download the Documentation_RFID_SDK_for_FX7500_v121_Embedded_programming.zip from the support portal, and reviewed the included documentation. One thing in particular stands out and that is the need to use the third-party tool: CodeSourcery Lite Version 4.4-290. As I understand it, this is required to compile an application to run on the FX7500 ARM processor. However, upon searching for said tool, I find that mentor.com only offer it as trial-ware or a paid version. Is this the only Zebra supported way to develop for the FX7500 - to use a third-party app? I assume I'm missing something here hence why I am asking the developer community. Has anyone else developed an embedded application for the FX7500 successfully? Is this third-party tool actually required? If so, does/can Zebra provide the tool, or do they expect partners to purchase it on their own? Any additional help would be very much appreciated.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Swateja More

Hi,
i am developing a embedded C application for FX9600 RFID Reader,
Actually i don't have any idea, please guide me regarding this and Processor is Texas Instrument AM3505

Following:

1. How to deploy code on the RFID FX9600 reader
2. What is extension of file i.e. .elf or .hex i don't have any idea in case of RFID Reader
3. Am using Eclips for programming is it ok
4. Which compiler is used to develope application i.e arm gcc or anything else

Actually in my mind lots of doubts, please guide me which is helpful for me to start the project
any help is appreciated.

Thanks..

B Bruce Crawford

If your goal is to develop a Java embedded app, it is not required to install CodeSourcery tool-chain.

BUT since it is required during the install for the C environment, the sample app for C is not setup correctly if the tool chain is added later to develop C apps.

Below is the link to get appropriate version of CodeSourcery Lite required with the Embedded SDK when developing C applications:
https://sourcery.mentor.com/GNUToolchain/package6491/public/arm-none-li…

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?