TC55 Boot device on power applied

F Fabien schmitz 2 years 11 months ago
13 2 0

Hello everbody,

For a project I need a TC55 to boot up when there is power applied to the usb connection, in other words i have to be able to boot the device without using the power button (it's going to be encased).
I tried to adjust the setting in the boot loader, but the boot loader is locked. 

Does somebody know what system file or what setting of something else what i can do or use to accomplish this?

Thanks for reading this and hopefully giving a working answer!

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Fabien, I'm not aware of any method exposed in the standard OS images for the TC55 that would allow you to do this.  Many years ago, I had a similar need where we where using the ET1 as a Kiosk, and needed it to boot when power was applied.  We had to have a custom OS image made for the ET1 that would allow an Intent to configure "boot on power applied".

F Fabien schmitz

Thank you for your reply Bill,
The solution for a custom os was already on my mind the only problem is that I have a locked boot loader (and not unlockable by my knowledge,*please prove me wrong* ) on the device so the only firmware I can load is the signed motorola firmware/bootloader.
Was your custom os made by motorola for you? or did you go to another company?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?