TC55 Boot device on power applied

Hello everbody,

For a project I need a TC55 to boot up when there is power applied to the usb connection, in other words i have to be able to boot the device without using the power button (it's going to be encased).

I tried to adjust the setting in the boot loader, but the boot loader is locked. 

Does somebody know what system file or what setting of something else what i can do or use to accomplish this?

Thanks for reading this and hopefully giving a working answer!

Anonymous (not verified)
Fabien, I'm not aware of any

Fabien, I'm not aware of any method exposed in the standard OS images for the TC55 that would allow you to do this.  Many years ago, I had a similar need where we where using the ET1 as a Kiosk, and needed it to boot when power was applied.  We had to have a custom OS image made for the ET1 that would allow an Intent to configure "boot on power applied".

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Fabien schmitz
Thank you for your reply Bill

Thank you for your reply Bill,

The solution for a custom os was already on my mind the only problem is that I have a locked boot loader (and not unlockable by my knowledge,*please prove me wrong* ) on the device so the only firmware I can load is the signed motorola firmware/bootloader.

Was your custom os made by motorola for you? or did you go to another company?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Fabien, The custom OS was

Fabien, The custom OS was built by the internal Motorola/Zebra custom product group.  Yes, the boot loader is locked and is not un-lockable, only motorola signed firmware can be loaded.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Fabien schmitz
Bill, Thank you for your

Bill, Thank you for your reply.

Do you remember what the costs +/- were? and do you know how do i contact the motorola custom product group??

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Sorry for the Delay Fabien, 

Sorry for the Delay Fabien,  I would start by going through the folks you purchased the device from, that partner should be able to get the ball rolling.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’