RhoMobile does not allow me to run new app locally

// Expert user has replied.
B Biswajit Nayak 2 years 11 months ago
0 4 0

Whenever i try to run rho mobile application locally in RhoStudio, it is asking me for username and password. After supplying the proper credentials, it says " Your credentials aren't valid. Please try again." . I have signed up in Rho mobile and have SSH Key created. But still it does not help.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Jon Tara

I don't use RhoStudio, so not quite sure if this is applicable.

But if you build on command-line, you need to give your user ID and password at least once, and then you must be on the Internet at least once every 30 days to authenticate (but you shouldn't have to give user ID/password again.)

This is needed to build, has nothing to do with running the app.

So, I don't think the SSH key helps. You need to give the user ID and password for your Rhomobile account.

M Mark Nongkhlaw

SSH keys were used for remote builds on Rhohub. You need to make sure you supply the right credentials (Rhomobile username & password).

This might be unrelated, but what is "Live update setting" in Rhostudio, does it have anything to do with updating the app on Rhohub or something else?

J Jon Tara

Mark, I think Live Update is the new ability to replace JS and Ruby modules in the running application. It's for development/debug, and seems like a nice alternative to the aging RhoSimulator. So, you can work in a real device or real device simulator, while avoiding having to go through a complete build cycle to update code under development.

E Edward Correia

My understanding is that you only need an SSH public key if you plan to build remotely.

did you generate a public/private keypair and paste the public key into the form?

Also, please refer to the Rhomobile Account and Remote Build guides for more help:

http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/hosted/guide/rhomobile-account

http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/hosted/guide/remote-build-guide

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?