Best way forward.

J Joe Bohen 2 years 11 months ago
1 0 0

I am developing some windows software to manage several scanners in a warehouse environment In order to get up and running with the windows sdk I purchased an entry level scanner and charger unit (LI4278 and CR0078).  I found the SDK intuitive and easy to use and now I have to make a decision on the best way forward with equipment and would value some input on the best scanners and base unit to use in this type of deployment. 

I need  the scanners to be able to have multiple scanning modes;  scan units in, scan units to pallets, scan pallets to vehicles etc.  Or should I manage this from my software? Several scanners could be active at the same time and I have been told by another developer who has attempted a similar solution using the same hardware that:

When scanners are idle for several minutes they go to sleep and lose contact with the base unit and and have to be re-paired with the base.

Is there a better method of getting the information from the scanners into the network?  Should I consider another scanner-  base unit combination?

I would be interested in hearing about anyone else's experience in overcoming these issues.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?