Manage Applications in StageNow

Hi,

I'm testing the StageNow (PC 2.0.1.1333, Android 2.0.1.1302) functions with a KK TC55 and can successfully configure a WiFi profile and connect to a WiFi network.

However, when I try the 'Manage Applications' functions, I only got the "Staging Failed" message.

Firstly, I copied the APK to /sdcard/Download and use the 'Upgrade' action. Secondly, I tried the 'Download the file to my device' but input to the 'Source File URL' field is not accepted.

Before scanning the 'Manage Applications' bar code, the TC55 was connected a the same WiFi network with the StageNow PC.

I attached xml file of the profile and screen capture for the 'Source File URL' for reference.

Thanks!

EW

Khai-Van Phu
Hi Eric,I played a bit with

Hi Eric,

I played a bit with StageNow v2.

StageNow can wirelessly transfer an APK file from your computer to TC55 and install the apk silently. Is it what you want to achieve?

If yes I can make a video showing how this is achieve.

Khai-Van

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Eric Wong
Hi Khai,Yes, exactly what you

Hi Khai,

Yes, exactly what you described. A video will be very helpful.

Thanks,

EW

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Khai-Van Phu
Hello Eric,I made a YouTube

Hello Eric,

I made a YouTube video demonstrating how to use StageNow in order:

• to set up a TC55's Wi-Fi connection to connect to an Access Point
  • to wirelessly push & silently install an APK file (FTP Server app) into TC55.

Note. Laptop computer where resides the apk file & Wi-Fi access point are on the same subnet.

Hope this help

Regards

Khai-Van

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Eric Wong
Hi Khai,Thank you for the

Hi Khai,

Thank you for the very useful video. I think I missed the little grey icon "click to open the widget" next to the red exclamation mark of the "Source File URL" input field.

I'll try it later when the TC55 is with me again.

Previously, I tried the 'Update' function when the apk file is copied to the TC55 internal memory but also failed, is there anything I missed in configuring the profile?

Thanks!

EW

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’