6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 4:54 PM by Gary Hartstone

Any difference between CE7 and WM6.5 Function key behavior?

Gary Hartstone

Hi,

I have recently deployed several MC92N0-WM6.5 (43 key) and WT41N0-CE7 devices to a customer using the 1.2.9.0 Webkit version.

The reports I am getting back is that the F11 key is not working on the MC92N0-WM6.5  but is working on the WT41N0-CE7 (for the WT41N0 we had a keymap update to configure the P1 key to F11).

The customer had previously been using a MC92N0-CE7 using the 1.0..0.15 Webkit version and there were no issues with the F11 key.

Function Keys are enabled in the config.xml <FunctionKeysCapturable  value="1"/>

any ideas?

Regards

Gary

• Re: Any difference between CE7 and WM6.5 Function key behavior?
          Gary Hartstone

OK, so after some more investigation with the Key Capture component it appears that Enterprise Browser is reading the F11 key as value 229 instead of 122.

All other function Keys F1-F10 and F12 report the correct key values.

Can I include a key remap in the <DefaultMetaTags> section of config.xml to fix this?

Also found this...

Use of Key Capture module on Localized Operating Systems

Users of the key capture module with Chinese, Korean and Japanese operating systems should bear the following in mind: Internally the KeyCapture module stores key representations as VK codes, therefore the key event will always return VK_PROCESSKEY (229) and keys can not be individually specified. In JavaScript the DOM element’s keyup event can be used as an indication of which key has been pressed.

Does that mean for some reason the F11 is behaving as if it had a Chinese, Korean and Japanese operating system?

Gary Hartstone

Hmmm, guessing none of the application developers visit this forum - disappointing.

Joydeep Chakraborty

Hi Gary,

Enterprise Browser uses WM_KEYDOWN method to capture the function keys.WM_KEYDOWN provides 229 as keyvalue in MC92 and MC9190 WM devices.The correct value should be 122.

WM_Onkeyup provides correct value. For only F11 key the implementation has to be changed in Enterprise browser.  So in Enterprise browser 1.3 hopefully  this issue will be fixed.

But the root cause of the issue lies in the OS of the product which returns wrong keyvalue for keydown event.

Please let me know the doc link  keycapture API you are using.

In default metatags, you can try to remap the 0xE5(Decimal 229) and remap it to 0x7A(decimal value122).

Hope it helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Gary Hartstone

Hi Joydeep,

Thanks for your explanation.So I'm guessing that Wavelink TelnetCE must use WM_Onkeyup as that did work.

Today I received Enterprise Browser 1.2.9.2 which appears to have fixed the issue.We are testing it with the customer now.  If you're part of the team that supplid this, then thank you very miuch.

Regards

Gary

Joydeep Chakraborty

Yeah Garry..

I am the one who fixed the issue and provided the Enterprise Browser 1.2.9.2 to support team

I have changed the implementation to on_keyup in that build(1.2.9.2).  It should work fine for you now.

Gary Hartstone

Hi Joydeep,

Even though KeyCapture is now returning the value 122 (when using the Demo app).

The customer reports their application is still not working.

I've got them to send me their code and they are using the following META tags from SAP ITS

<!-- Only for Windows Mobile OS (operating system).  When using Windows CE,

these meta tags are not required, because javascript in

ITSMOBILE/99/SCRIPTS/ALL/MOBILE.JS can be interpreted by the Microsoft

browser (higher JavaScript version). -->

<!-- key mapping F1 - F10 using ITSmobile javascript functions    -->

<!-- With this mapping the key buttons 0 to 9 will act as function keys   -->

<!-- F1 to F10. Use blue FUNC button to input numbers into edit fields    -->

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x3b" content="Javascript:setFKey('1');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x3c" content="Javascript:setFKey('2');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x3d" content="Javascript:setFKey('3');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x3e" content="Javascript:setFKey('4');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x3f" content="Javascript:setFKey('5');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x40" content="Javascript:setFKey('6');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x41" content="Javascript:setFKey('7');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x42" content="Javascript:setFKey('8');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x43" content="Javascript:setFKey('9');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x44" content="Javascript:setFKey('10');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x54" content="Javascript:setFKey('11');">

<META HTTP-Equiv="OnKeydispatch0x55" content="Javascript:setFKey('12');">

I tried to get them to use KeyCapture insrtead as follows but that didn't work either.

<META HTTP-Equiv="KeyCapture" Content="KeyValue:0x7A; Dispatch:False; KeyEvent:url('Javascript:setFKey('11');')">

<META HTTP-Equiv="KeyCapture" Content="KeyValue:0x7B; Dispatch:False; KeyEvent:url('Javascript:setFKey('12');')">

Do you have any ideas what could be going wrong?

Regards

Gary