PTT and Scan buttons reversed

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Anyone else noticing that the PTT and Scan buttons appear to be reversed?  I went from the 1124 non-GMS to the GMS build.  After the update DWDemo is using the PTT button as the scan trigger.  The yellow scan button doesn't do anything.  I went into Key Programmer and fiddled with the mapping of Scan_BTN to make it PTT, then switched it back to Scan.  The Scan button then started to work in DW.  Now I notice that after each reboot the PTT button will revert back to being the Scan button for the first 30 seconds or so.  Then the Scan button starts to act correctly.  It looks like this switch may be occurring when the red PTT Express icon pops up in the notification bar.

I updated to the GMS build using these steps:

Copy FullPackageUpdate.ZIP, HWbeepfwr_Ver01.3.zip, and wlanbinupdate_na.zip from  https://zebra.app.box.com/s/nphrn5kvtucsqquqotgbej6bpgrl50u9/1/44947153… onto device
Boot TC70 into Recovery mode and install FullPackageUpdate.zip
After device reboots into Android, reboot into Recovery mode and install HWbeepfwr_Ver01.3.zip and wlanbinupdate_na.zip.
Remove and insert battery.  Reboot
Install TC70FirmwareUpdate1.6.apk from https://zebra.app.box.com/s/nphrn5kvtucsqquqotgbej6bpgrl50u9/1/44947153…; Then run application to update scan engine f/w.
Reboot

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D David Singer

Folks,
Forgot to reply back to the Launchpad group (I only spoke to Ken about this).

Ken did help us discover this issue and it was fixed in BSP 15-02.

We just posted BSP 15-03 which has that fix plus others.

An e-mail was sent to the main testers of TC70 GA2... if you would like access to the latest (and should be final) BSP, please e-mail or IM me.
Thank you all for your time.

David Singer
dmc836@zebra.com

E Efkan YILMAZ

A few updates.  I have updated two devices and have seen the same results.  Both devices are Rev A (March 27, 2015 manufacture date).  S/N S15086522500057 and S15086522500082. 

After the devices are updated to GMS, I need to go into Key Programmer and flip-flop the settings for Trigger-1 and Trigger-2.  So Trigger-1 becomes BUTTON_SCAN and Trigger-2 becomes BUTTON_PTT.  The scan button will then start triggering the scanner again.  However, I've noticed that after performing a Reset, the buttons will behave opposite for about 20-30 seconds after bootup until the red PTT Express icon appears in the notification bar.  Also, if you boot into Recovery Mode the yellow scanner button needs to be used to select menu options instead of the PTT button.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?