Stage Now Client in GA2 Client

Has anyone had success with the TC70 GA2 Stagenow client?  I am getting failed stage now messages making a basic profile.

2015-09-04 20:56:41,240 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] Starting StageNow Client app

2015-09-04 20:56:41,241 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] Creating DataWedge's StageNow Profile

2015-09-04 20:57:10,256 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] [B@429adac8

2015-09-04 20:57:10,684 ERROR [main.DecodeBarcode]-[168] Barcode Staging Failed.Error: Could not decode profile data. Details: DSD load error - null.

Christopher Sather
One more clarification, The

One more clarification, The Profile can be MX4.3, but the settings need to be MX4.3.  This was just for the Wi-Fi setting category, I have not tried the other settings families yet.  I do know that a few other settings families built as MX4,3 work, but not sure yet about MX4.4

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Thanks Chris,I've seen the

Thanks Chris,

I've seen the exact same behaviour.

Recreated a new profile starting setting it as Mx 4.3 and it works. The exact same profile (but built in StageNow v2.1.1.1450) created as Mx4.4 works on TC55 KK but fails on TC70 GA2 15-03 (in my case GMS but it should be the same with the non-GMS version).

are we going to fix this before releasing the final BSP?

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Eilbron Meghdies
Hi Pietro, Chris,I have cc'd

Hi Pietro, Chris,

I have cc'd my team so they can investigate.

Vikram is the ECRT lead and will work with you to get more details if needed.

@Vikram, this is high priority.  Please reply to everyone on this tread.

Thanks,

Eilbron

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vikram Murthy
Hi,Kindly share the BSP build

Hi,

Kindly share the BSP build version and send a screenshot of the stage now client info from the device.

Have you installed SN2.1 on the device or was it available by default out of the box?

Also, please provide information on what feature/functionality are you trying to achieve with SN2.1, can you please share the logcat logs from the device

It would be better if you can export the profile and share the same…

Thanks,
Vikram

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
Hi Vikram, here are some

Hi Vikram, here are some reproduction steps for you.  I think this is related to any of the Wi-Fi Settings Type.  XML, barcode and reproduction steps listed below.

The TC70 build is the new BSP about to be released, BSP 01-23257-K-15-03-00-MV release-keys, It has StageNow version 2.1.1.1425 built into the image.

1. Install StageNow version 2.1.1.1450
    1. Select MX 4.4
    2. Use the “Connect Network” profile wizard
      1. StageNow Client = YES
      2. Connect to Wi-Fi
      3. Manage Certs = NO
      4. Disconnect Current Wi-Fi = NO
      5. Disable existing W-Fi = NO
      6. Add W-Fi Network = YES
        1. SSID = 101, open, all other defaults, no saved setting
    3. Connect to SSID 101
    4. RD Client = NO
    5. Complete Profile
    6. Test
    7. XML and Barcode attached

2015-10-07 15:34:29,183 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] Starting StageNow Client app

2015-10-07 15:34:29,185 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] Creating DataWedge's StageNow Profile

2015-10-07 15:34:32,239 INFO  [main.DecodeBarcode]-[184] [B@41e9ca18

2015-10-07 15:34:32,742 ERROR [main.DecodeBarcode]-[168] Barcode Staging Failed.Error: Could not decode profile data. Details: DSD load error - null.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vijayaditya K
Hi Chris,is this BSP a GMS

Hi Chris,

is this BSP a GMS release ? could you try with Non-GMS build ?

please let me know if you could reproduce the issue....I can have a look and suggest possible source of error.

do we need to install any special package on GMS devices to make MX work on TC70 ?

thanks,

Vijay

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
So far as I am aware, there

So far as I am aware, there should NOT be anything special (such as an "Enterprise Enabler") that would need to be installed on any Kit Kat GMS device in order for StageNow to work.  While that WAS required for the TC55 Jelly Bean GMS release, we are doing things differently now and the expectation is that GMS and AOSP versions of the same device should both support StageNow out of the box.  Note that depending on the device, certain default settings MIGHT be different between the GMS and AOSP versions on a given device, but StageNow should be supported on both and should be able to configure them the same even if their default configurations were different.  If you find any counter-example to this, please bring it to our attention since it would be contrary to our intentions.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vikram Murthy
Hi Chris,We were able to

Hi Chris,

We were able to reproduce the issue on TC70 loaded with BSP 01-23257-K-15-03-00-MV release-keys, From the log, it seems that there is compatibility issues with the DSD, I was told by the SN team that there were some issues with the WiFiConfig.csp and there was an updated MXMF with wificonfig csp patch included, perhaps the patched version of MXMF is not present in the  TC70 BSP

We installed the patched version of the MX on this BSP and staging was successful, SN2.1 comes bundled with the latest MX and when SN2.1 is installed, it will update the MX on the device to the latest patched version of MX

kindly follow the below steps-

1. 1. Launch the Stage Now Application
  2. 2. On the left top most screen, click on the StageNow->Settings
  3. 3. Turn on the Legacy mode
  4. 4. Create a new profile, you can select any profile, preferably select “Configure a Device”
  5. 5. Enter a new profile name
  6. 6. Select “NO” for “would you like to Connect to a Network? The stageNow client will use this Network to obtain the staging content in the deployment section”
  7. 7. Select “YES” for “would you like to Connect to a Network? The Rapid Deployment client will use this Network to obtain the staging content in the deployment section”
  8. 8. Click NO to Wifi options
  9. 9. Click YES for WiFi Profile
  10. 10. Provide ESSID information and any other required information
  11. 11. Click on continue for all the next menus and proceed to complete the profile

Scan the barcode so that SN2.1 & updated version of MX gets installed on the device

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
The issue is now solved in

The issue is now solved in the BSP 15-04 (I tested the non-GMS build).

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
I've the same behaviour

I've the same behaviour.

Simple profile to create a WiFi Networks. Works on TC55 KK 2.63 but not on TC70 GA2,  I'm posting here, error log, and version info for TC70 and TC55.

can you please take a look at this? I've a demo Thursday

~Pietro

TC7001-23257-K-G-15-03-00-MVpietro10062015184641.png

TC7001-23257-K-G-15-03-00-MVpietro10062015184811.png

TC5502-63-00-G23257-K-00-M1-090915pietro10062015184947.png

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
Pietro, I was able to get

Pietro, I was able to get several StageNow profiles to work on the TC70 GA2 15-03 build.  In the StageNow tool, I had to create the profiles and settings as MX 4.3 instead of MX 4.4.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’