All touch TE need EMDK Runtime on device to enable Datawedge

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

Hi all,

I just discovered that on my TC70 for work with Velocity/ALL TOUCH TE need Runtime installed on the device.....if not you are not be able to use the Datawedge.

I have installed the EMDKosuPDATEaPP_3.1.38.APK ,after the installation you will be able to see another profile under Datawedge profile....called Velocity

There is a document to know this?

Bye Alberto.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Prashanth Kadur

DataWedge itself does not need the EMDK runtime to run on TC70.  As far as I know Velocity client uses EMDK to create the DataWedge profile and hence you need the EMDK runtime.  I would expect Velocity provides documentation on their requirements.

M Marc Fluhrer

Something else to be aware of with the DataWedge Profile:

When you install the Velocity (All-touch Client) on the TC70 or other, and then open it, it will create a DataWedge profile for you called Velocity

This data wedge profile is part of the application build, so if you need to change a scanning characteristic, you need to do it in the console
If you make a change to the Velocity profile in DataWedge, the Velocity client will overwrite any changes you made, unless you built a customer build using the Velocity Console
In the Velocity console, there is place to configure the DataWedge parameters at the bottom

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?