What's with zlib?

M Mark Nongkhlaw 3 years 5 months ago
14 3 0

I try rake run:win32 but I get :

The following extensions do not have JavaScript API:
zlib
Use RMS 4.0 extensions to provide JavaScript API

My RMS version : 5.1.1
I don't use zlib anywhere in my project. Not sure what zlib is anyway. Does it refer to the Zbar library used for barcode in WM?

Addendum : Was under the impression that it had to do something with NullSoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)'s zip-to-exe function, although there wasn't anything in the docs about it here : Rhomobile | Native SDK Setup  I still went ahead and installed the 3.0b2 version, but it looks like its not the solution. I get the same error above.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jon Tara

Messages like:

The following extensions do not have JavaScript API:

...are not errors. They are just informative. It is just saying you have included an extension that doesn't have a Javascript API, so you will only be able to use this extension from Ruby. You will get a message like this if you use any extensions that weren't designed for a new (4.0+) commonAPI specs.

zlib is an open-source data compression library.

Did not not ask for the zlib extension in build.yml?

M Mark Nongkhlaw

No, I didn't use any extensions like zlib in build.yml. I don't think it has anything to do with it, though. My problem is extremely similar to this post : https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/message/81037 but I dont see the actual cause there too.

In my case, VS2012 was already there before I installed RMS. Does the order of install matter? I think it shouldn't. Maybe I need the SP1 for VS2012. Will check it out again today.

BTW, NSIS is mentioned in the docs : http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/5.2.2/guide/build_win

I was looking at the wrong place.

J Jon Tara

I try rake run:win32 but I get :
Is there more to the "but" than that warning message?

It's NOT an error. It does not stop the build. If your project doesn't build that isn't the cause. (And since you say "try", I assume it does not build.)

There are no other error messages?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?