8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 3:13 AM by Mark Nongkhlaw

More about RMS 5.3.2

Mark Nongkhlaw

From the release notes :

Version 5.3

Enhanced Features

• QT New version 5.5.0.0 support for Windows (Visual Studio 2012)
      • Support for USB printing for WM/CE
      • Support for timer on desktop
      • New ORM
      • MSR Api support for KK
      • RhoConnect push support for HTTPS RhoConnect server.

New Features Added

• Ability to select which API level to build Android applications with (Android support for build with desired SDK).

My request : Can we have some more information on the above via blog posts or docs?

What are the benefits/features of QT 5.5.0.0?

Are the new ETs (ET50/55) supported by RMS 5.3.2 and does it include WP support?

• Re: More about RMS 5.3.2
          Joydeep Chakraborty

HI Mark,

Information about most of them should be available in online docs.

About which one you need more details?If you have any specific query please let me know.

Rhomobile | Home

To answer your specific questions-

What are the benefits/features of QT 5.5.0.0?

QT is a third party library,what we bundle with Rho.For specific QT related information please refer QT official website and their release notes.

Are the new ETs (ET50/55) supported by RMS 5.3.2 and does it include WP support?

:-E50/55 is not supported on RMS5.3.2. Rho5.3.2 supports Windows phone 8 platform.

Windows phone 7 devices are not supported.

Regards,

Joydeep

Mark Nongkhlaw

My specific queries :

1. Choice of QT 5.5 : Is it just because its the latest version or does it provide any additional benefits/features when integrated with Rhomobile? For example, from the QT site, I see that it provides preliminary support for upcoming Windows 10 development, and more for connectivity. Is that one reason?

2. MSR Api support for KK. Sorry, but what does "MSR" stand for? I assume "KK" is Kitkat?

3. Ability to select which API level to build Android applications with (Android support for build with desired SDK) : Wasn't this already there before via the

android: minsdk and version settings in build.yml? Sorry, couldn't find the relevant docs for this.

4. ET50/55 support : If they aren't supported, then what tools should be used in place of Rhomobile?

Lastly, will there be any support for Windows 10 in the future? (Windows 10 as a development environment and Windows Phone 10/Windows 10 desktop as the targets). Also, any possibility of using Rho for developing universal apps?

Thanks.

Joydeep Chakraborty

Hi Mark,

Please see my comments inline.

1. Choice of QT 5.5 : Is it just because its the latest version or does it provide any additional benefits/features when integrated with Rhomobile? For example, from the QT site, I see that it provides preliminary support for upcoming Windows 10 development, and more for connectivity. Is that one reason?

QT 5.5 have some critical bug fixes(related touch issues and UI) over QT 5.1 and we wanted to make sure our customers are getting the same,and that is the reason QT was upgraded.

2. MSR Api support for KK. Sorry, but what does "MSR" stand for? I assume "KK" is Kitkat?

MSR stands for Magnetic Stripe Reader and yes KK is KItKat. We had supported data capture through Magnetic Stripe readers for Zebra KitKat devices.Using these APIs user can swipe and get credit/debit card data in RhoMobileSuite.

3. Ability to select which API level to build Android applications with (Android support for build with desired SDK) : Wasn't this already there before via the

android: minsdk and version settings in build.yml? Sorry, couldn't find the relevant docs for this.

--No It was added in last release.Please see my another thread reply for details.

error on build app

4. ET50/55 support : If they aren't supported, then what tools should be used in place of Rhomobile?

-- What do you want to exactly do?  Unfortunately I do not know any alternate solutions for cross platform support currently.

Lastly, will there be any support for Windows 10 in the future? (Windows 10 as a development environment and Windows Phone 10/Windows 10 desktop as the targets). Also, any possibility of using Rho for developing universal apps?

Regards,

Joydeep