7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 8:22 AM by Jim G

EMDK Setup hangs on Windows 7

Jim G

Sorry if this is the wrong place ask this question.  But I try running EMDK-A-030109.exe as Administrator, the program starts, I see a "Wait" cursor, but the program never runs.  Never see a dialog box.

Anyone ever have this problem?

This is on a Win 7 Pro 64.  Tried XP Compatibility mode, no luck.

• Re: EMDK Setup hangs on Windows 7
          Pietro Francesco Maggi

XP Compatibility mode is not required, I've the EMDK installed on a Win7 64bit machine with no issues.

Just be sure to have all the pre-requisite installed:

EMDK For Android Setup

~Pietro

Jim G

Pietro,

>XP Compatibility mode is not required, I've the EMDK installed on a Win7 64bit machine with no issues.

Yeah, I have tried it both ways.  Hangs.  Must be something about my machine.  I also tried the EMDK for .NET.  That hangs too.

Have Android Studio installed and running.

Thanks.

From: Pietro Maggi <motorola-dev@motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

To: Jim G <defenderjim@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:26 PM

Subject: Re:  - EMDK Setup hangs on Windows 7

Zebra Technologies LaunchPad

|

reply from Pietro Maggi in Technologies - View the full discussionXP Compatibility mode is not required, I've the EMDK installed on a Win7 64bit machine with no issues.Just be sure to have all the pre-requisite installed:EMDK For Android Setup  ~Pietro

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Zebra Technologies LaunchPad

Start a new discussion in Technologies by email or at Zebra Technologies LaunchPad

Following EMDK Setup hangs on Windows 7 in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Zebra Technologies LaunchPad because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Zebra Technologies LaunchPad, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

|

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Which version of JDK are you using?

Android Studio version?

Have you installed API level 16 and 19 in the Android SDK?

~Pietro

Jim G

Pietro,

Thanks for your help.  You have made a difference.  Knowing that you have been successful with the same setup, made me realize there was something wrong with this machine.

It turns out that the problem was the AV software.  I have never had AV interfere with something before, but it did this time.  I am running Avast.  I disabled it, and the installer ran fine.

-Jim

From: Pietro Maggi <motorola-dev@motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

To: Jim G <defenderjim@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:50 PM

|

reply from Pietro Maggi in Technologies - View the full discussionWhich version of JDK are you using?Android Studio version?Have you installed API level 16 and 19 in the Android SDK? ~Pietro

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Zebra Technologies LaunchPad

Start a new discussion in Technologies by email or at Zebra Technologies LaunchPad

This email was sent by Zebra Technologies LaunchPad because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Zebra Technologies LaunchPad, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

|

Jim G

Pietro,

I am running the Integrator.  It is prompting me for the "ADT Bundle Root Folder".  I have no idea where this is.

I have tried entering C:\Users\

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:50 PM

|

reply from Pietro Maggi in Technologies - View the full discussionWhich version of JDK are you using?Android Studio version?Have you installed API level 16 and 19 in the Android SDK? ~Pietro

|