6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 10:26 AM by nicolas lasso

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Build not working

nicolas lasso

Hi!

I'm facing some issues while trying to build for MC70 with Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (OS CE 5.2.231317). I've spent more than a week in this issue so I really need help to solve this out.

Things I've done for the moment:

• Installed:
        • everything to build for “MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)" and “Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)”
        • Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional.
        • Windows Mobile 6 SDK
        • .Net and everything is installed.
        • Windows Mobile Device Center
        • RhoStudio 5.3.2
      • Tested MC70 connection. It's working properly. It's detected by the WMDC and the connection is showed up in the MC70 aswell.
      • Configured JAVA to path: C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_67/bin
      • Configured both path to files from RhoStudio -> Preferences -> RhoMobile -> Windows Mobile
        • Cab Wizard: C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/Tools/CabWiz
        • VS build tool path: D:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe (it's installed in D: disk. This is properly set)
      • Configured build.yml. I've attached file and pasted it below.

--------------------INIT BUILD.YML-------------------

#sdk: "C:/RhoMobileSuite5.3.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.3.2"

sdkversion: "5.3.2"

name: "Total"

version: 1.0

vendor: "rhomobile"

build: "debug"

applog: "rholog.txt"

wp8:

productid: "f7935680-87c6-0132-f202-64d4da6a52d0"

android:

manifest_template: "AndroidManifest.erb"

version: "2.3.3"

android_title: 0

logcatFilter: "APP:I StrictMode:I DEBUG:I *:E"

wm:

sdk: "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)"

app_type: "rhoelements"

capabilities:

- gps

extensions:

- rhoconnect-client

- rho-javascript

- json

- hardwarekeys

-----------------------END BUILD.YML----------------------

Despite I've configured build.yml to build with SDK: "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)" it seems to be built for MC3000c50b (ARMV4I) since the console shows this Release|MC3000c50b (ARMV4I). I haven't got any idea why it is building for that since I haven't set that. I even tried uninstalling MC3000c50b PSDK but that didn't work. I've attached the console output file.

I've tried building from console with the following command: $ rake run:wm:device and from RhoSuite with the following configuration:

• Platform: Windows Mobile / Windows CE
      • Simulator type: Device
      • Build: Local

and had the same output in both.

The app is working properly for Android in simulator, Rhosimulator and several devices.

I hope you can help me out with this since my deadline is coming.

Thanks in advance,

Nicolás

• Re: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Build not working
          Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Nicolas,

you wrote that you've installed the "Windows Mobile 6 SDK" but you're trying to use the "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)" in your build.yml.

Have you installed the WM 6.5.3 DTK on your machine?

if not, you need to specify "Windows Mobile 6 SDK" as WM SDK in your build.yml.

Another thing you can try is to build from the command line with the rake command. By memory:

rake device:wm:production

BTW the WinCE PSDK ("MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)") is not needed to build for the MC70.

Last note.

Are you sure you're using and MC70 (that is quite old) and not something like an MC75A? what is the part number of your device (see under the battery).

Ciao and Happy New Year

~Pietro

Daniel Silva

I think this has changed over the different versions of Rho.  If you look at the current docs,  it looks like all Windows Mobile and CE builds only use the MC3000 sdk.  I think that if your cab file is building properly,  it should work OK on either a Windows Mobile or a CE device.

Rhomobile | Native SDK Setup

Snippet..

Since Rhdoes builds a unified .cab file for both WM and WinCE, only the WinCE SDK is necessary for building either platform.

nicolas lasso

Hello Pietro and Dan!

Thanks for your help and quick reply!

I've installed both "Windows Mobile 6 SDK" and "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)". Also Installed "MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)". I've tried changing my build.yml to "Windows Mobile 6 SDK" but I still see the error. This time it has changed and looks like there's something wrong with ruby. I'm attaching the output.  I've tried with the command: rake device:wm:production but had the same output.

You're right about the device. I'm using the MC75A (we have both in the office)

About Dan's comments, that's true and that might explain why it's only building for "MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)" since it doesn't matter what I set under WM SDK it's only going to build for MC30...

I've also installed VS 2008 Professional in English since all the output was in spanish and it wasn't very clear at least for me haha...

Thanks again for your help!

Happy new year!

Nico

nicolas lasso

Hi!

I've resintalled in C disk just in case the MC3000c50b PDSK and it seems to be working better but when trying to compile Rhodes it just crash. Any idea?

Thanks!

Cheers,

N

13>Build started: Project: rhodes, Configuration: Release|MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)

13>Compiling...

13>AppManager.cpp

13>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\sal.h(1809) : warning C4005: '__out_bcount_part' : macro redefinition

13>        C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce500\MC3000c50b\include\ARMV4I\specstrings.h(393) : see previous definition of '__out_bcount_part'

13>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\sal.h(1838) : warning C4005: '__in_bcount_opt' : macro redefinition

13>        C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce500\MC3000c50b\include\ARMV4I\specstrings.h(392) : see previous definition of '__in_bcount_opt'

13>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\sal.h(1847) : warning C4005: '__out_bcount_opt' : macro redefinition

13>        C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce500\MC3000c50b\include\ARMV4I\specstrings.h(391) : see previous definition of '__out_bcount_opt'

13>Alert.cpp

13>.\Alert.cpp(402) : warning C4101: 'hSound' : unreferenced local variable

13>IEBrowserEngine.cpp

13>EngineEventListner.cpp

13>c:\rhomobilesuite5.3.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.3.2\platform\wm\rhodes\browser\engineeventlistner.cpp(41) : warning C4715: 'rho::engineeventlistner::CEngineEventMngr::executAnonymousJs' : not all control paths return a value

13>EngineDefines.cpp

13>CEBrowserEngine.cpp

13>BrowserFactory.cpp

13>WmGraphics.cpp

13>MapViewManager.cpp

13>Bitmap.cpp

13>Bluetooth.cpp

13>RhoNativeViewManager.cpp

13>Camera.cpp

13>.\camera\Camera.cpp(238) : warning C4101: 'found' : unreferenced local variable

13>phonebook.cpp

13>NativeAddressBook.cpp

13>pwdPopUp.cpp

13>WebView.cpp

13>SystemImpl.cpp

13>RhoSignature.cpp

13>NativeToolbarExt.cpp

13>NativeToolbar.cpp

13>NativeTabbar.cpp

13>GeoLocationImpl.cpp

13>calendar.cpp

13>RhoThreadImpl.cpp

13>RhoCryptImpl.cpp

13>RhoClassFactory.cpp

13>ExtManager.cpp

13>NetRequestImpl.cpp

13>Vibrate.cpp

13>Utils.cpp

13>SyncStatusDlg.cpp

13>stdafx.cpp

13>RingtoneManager.cpp

13>Rhodes.cpp

13>PowerManagement.cpp

13>OutlookApp.cpp

13>menubar.cpp

13>MainWindow.cpp

13>.\MainWindow.cpp(1547) : warning C4800: 'WPARAM' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

13>LogView.cpp

13>LogOptionsDlg.cpp

13>LogMemory.cpp

13>LicenseStub.cpp

13>EditSIP.cpp

13>DateTimePicker.cpp

13>Compiling...

13>extensions.c

13>Compiling resources...

13>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0

13>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

13>Linking...

13>   Creating library ..\bin\MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)\rhodes\Release/Rhodes.lib and object ..\bin\MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)\rhodes\Release/Rhodes.exp

13>NetRequestImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PFXImportCertStore referenced in function "private: bool __cdecl rho::net::CNetRequestImpl::checkSslCertError(void)" (?checkSslCertError@CNetRequestImpl@net@rho@@AAA_NXZ)

13>..\bin\MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)\rhodes\Release/rhodes.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:

$(PLATFORMDEFINES)

13>Build log was saved at "file://c:\RhoMobileSuite5.3.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.3.2\platform\wm\bin\MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)\rhodes\Release\BuildLog.htm"

13>rhodes - 2 error(s), 7 warning(s)

Build complete: 6 Projects succeeded, 1 Projects failed, 0 Projects skipped

Error building

RET: 1