TC55 imager problem with MODAL Dialog BOX

C Cuneyt Gargin 2 years 11 months ago
3 1 0

Hi.
This is Cuneyt Gargin - Trinoks Software. I have a problem. There are two types of TC55 devices with me . On One of them it writes "MOTOROLA" and the other one it is written "SYMBOL".

I have a project and I develop with a development tool called B4A (www.b4x.com).
I scan a barcode and I show a message box saying there is a problem.
As you know message box is a DIALOG FORM. I mean normally when user tries to interact with program, the program waits and when I close message box, the program reacts again to user actions.
In my case after I show error message box, when I click BARCODE SCANNER button on device, normally I expect device not to react and scan any barcode, turn RED light OFF and not to beep...

On devices on which MOTOROLA is written, when I show error message box, the device turns DataWedge or scanner OFF..... and when I try to scan barcode, I cannot.. This is the EXPECTED CASE.....

However with new SYMBOL devices, the device does not run as expected.. While showing Error message box on screen, when I scan barcode, device scans it... and red light shows and device beeps... Keeps barcode scanned in memory and When I close error message box, I sends all scanned  barcodes  to intent...... The datawedge settings are set to use INTENT not keyboard emulation... and both devices DataWedge settings are the same...

However, Android versions are different and motorola uses scanner while symbo uses imager ...

Is there any solution ???
I need an urgent response, Because customer waiting with 1000 devices..

B.R.

Cuneyt Gargin

cgargin@trinoks.com

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

HI Cuneyt,

Are you able to include a small app which demonstrates this issue so that we can try to reproduce it ? Would also be a good idea to open a ticket with our Support Centre in Brno so that it can be tracked.

Best Regards,
Ian Hatton
Zebra EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?