EB IP-Adress of connected Access Point

Is it Possible with the current Enterprise Browser to get the IP-Adress that i'm connect to with the CE Device?

I Need this Information for one Customer before i can Migrate from Naurtec CETerm to the better Enterprise Browser.

Sunil Kumar
Hi Michael,Please check if

Hi Michael,

Please check if the SignalIndicator feature of Enterprise Browser solves your problem.

WLANStatus method callback provides a lot of WLAN information.

Doc Link

Enterprise Browser 1.3

Pls check and let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Sunil

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Ahnemann
Hi Sunil,thanks for the

Hi Sunil,

thanks for the prompt answer. I think this is what i search for, but we only use windows CE Terminals and the function doesn't work there.

Is there something that works on Windows CE?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joydeep Chakraborty
Hi Michael,Are you using

Hi Michael,

Are you using Webkit or IE version of EB?

Please note wlanstatus will not work for IE version of EB.

You have to use Backward compatibility APIs for the same to work it on IE version.

Please find a sample below to work it on IE.

Regards,

Joydeep

<html>

<head>

<META HTTP-Equiv="signal" Content="Left:50;Iconposition:Top;GraphPosition:Left;Top:50;signalevent:url('Javascript:OnSignal('%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s','%s');');color:#FF0000;visibility:visible">

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function OnSignal(signal, ESSID, MAC, AdapterName, DHCPServer, DHCPStatic, Gateway, IPAddress, RSSI, SubnetMask, Wins)

{

sig.innerHTML = "Signal: " + signal

+ "<BR>ESSID:" + ESSID

+ "<BR>MAC: " + MAC

+ "<BR>AdapterName: " + AdapterName

+ "<BR>DHCPServer: " + DHCPServer

+ "<BR>DHCPStatic: " +  DHCPStatic

+ "<BR>Gateway: " + Gateway

+ "<BR>IPAddress: " + IPAddress

+ "<BR>RSSI: " + RSSI

+ "<BR>SubnetMask: " + SubnetMask

+ "<BR>Wins: " + Wins

return;

}

</SCRIPT>

</head>

<body>

<BR><BR>

<H2>SignalEvent</H2>

<BR>

<DIV ID="sig">Signal details should appear here</DIV>

<BR>

</body>

</html>

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Ahnemann
Hi Joydeep,we are using the

Hi Joydeep,

we are using the Webkit Engine. EB verion 1.3 with Webkit Engine on Windows CE 6.0 Hardware.

The Example is working but it doesn't give me the IP-Adress from the Access Point i'm connected to that i need.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rajiv Kashyap
Hi Michael,I have tested on

Hi Michael,

I have tested on EB version 1.3 with Webkit Engine on windows CE 6 9190 device.

I am seeing the correct IP-Address from the connected access point.

One suggestion,please do check whether device is connected with the correct Access point or not.

You can check this in Wireless Status->IPv4 Status->IP Address ,check here whether this is the correct IP Address from which you have connected or not.

Thanks,

Rajiv

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Ahnemann
Hi Rajiv,thanks for the

Hi Rajiv,

thanks for the Replay. IP-Adress only display the IP-Adress from my CE Device . I need the MAC-Adress or IP-Adress that the Access Point has, that i'm connected to.

The Information the Script gives me are alle correct. But the Information i need isn't there.

We use this to decide the Floor of the Building the Device is used in and for that i need the MAC-Adress or the IP-Adress from the Access Point i'm connected to.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rajiv Kashyap
Hi Michael,Default gateway is

Hi Michael,

Default gateway is the different Access point your devices are connected.

Thanks,

Rajiv

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Ahnemann
Hi Rajiv,Default Gateway is

Hi Rajiv,

Default Gateway is the Default Gateway from my Network. It can be the same as the Default Gateway but that is not possible for Companys with many Access Points. There is only one Gateway for all CE devices but many Access Point with differten MAC-/IP-Adresses. I test it here. We here in my company have only one Default Gateway but more than one Access Point and the Gateway is the Firewall here.

I say it again. Inside the results from the test Script from Joydeep is no Point where the Access Point IP-Adress or MAC-Adress is listet. The Information are all there and the are all correct but there is'nt the Information i need so i can switch from Naurtech CETerm to Enterprise Browser.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sunil Kumar
Hi Michael,There is no

Hi Michael,

There is no separate property to retrieve and show Access Point IP Address in Enterprise Browser.

Does Naurtech offer this feature as you have stated that this is preventing your Naurtech to EB migration. Please let me know.

Thanks

Sunil

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Ahnemann
Hi Sunil,thanks for the reply

Hi Sunil,

thanks for the reply. Naurtec doesn't have this built in too. But Naurtech allows to run an external Application Syncron with JavaScript. We use old Psion Teklogix Terminals there and Psion give an Library with one function to Read the MAC-Adress adress from the Access Point i'm connected to. We make a Program that use the Library, read the MAC-Address and write it to the Registry. With Naurtec we can Run the Program Syncron and then read the Key from the Registry all with JavaScript. That is not the best Solution but it Works.

I hoped Enterprise Browser have that function to read that data directly. And now that we use better Motorola / Zebra Terminals (MC92) we can't use the Library anymore if the need new Terminals.

Hope there is a way for future Version to Support something like this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Michael,The same is

Hi Michael,

The same is possible with Enterprise Browser.

Depending on which device you're targeting, you can build an external application that write the AP's MAC Address in the registry and then retrieve it from JavaScript.

I know of a partner that implemented exactly this behaviour on our SB1 with a small C application an Zebra's EMDK for C (using the WiFi Fusion Driver API).

I can dig up more information if you need and check with the partner if he's ok to share what he implemented.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Thaemlitz
Hi all,is  there a way for

Hi all,

is  there a way for this function in a future release of EB?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Mike,Which device are you

Hi Mike,

Which device are you targeting?

If it's a Windows CE/Windows Mobile device you can already implement the solution that I've suggested to Michael Ahnemann in this thread.

If it's an Android device an interim solution may be implemented using Android Intents with an external native application, however I need to check if this is possible.

To have this feature included in EB, would be nice to have some additional details.

Best regards

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Thaemlitz
Hi Pietro,i think there is a

Hi Pietro,

i think there is a misunderstanding. Micheal asked the Question for me in the first place here since he had the Account.

If it is possible can you give me more Information how they do it and what Devices they use?

We have Psion 8515 and Psion XT10/15 Devices there. And one new VC70 where i Know there is no Problem with the EB.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Mike,thanks for the

Hi Mike,

thanks for the clarification.

As you wrote, you can use EB on the VC70.

The basic idea is to have a standalone executable that is able to recover the AP Mac Address (using the Fusion library) and save this data in the registry.

You can then use EB API to launch from JavaScript this executable and retrieve the information from the registry.

Best regards

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mike Thaemlitz
Hi Pietro,thanks for the

Hi Pietro,

thanks for the Information. We only use this at the moment on the Psion XT10/15 Devices. We have the Programm to Write in the Registry.

But in the EB API i don't find a way to read a specific key from Registry. I found only this Enterprise Browser 1.4​ and i don't know how to use it to read something from Registry.

Hope you can give me an example how i can read a value from the Registry with EB.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Mike,please use the legacy

Hi Mike,

please use the legacy "generic" API, in particular the GetRegistrySetting() method: http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/2.2.0/rhoelements/generic#methods

I'm trying to sort out what happened to the documentation of this API (and few others legacy one).

Best

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’