/enterprise/usr

What is the purpose of this directory?

/enterprise

/enterprise/usr

/enterprise/usr/attributes

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello Erik,  The /enterprise

Hello Erik,  The /enterprise folder on is a custom folder on Zebra devices that contains various configuration files. As a developer, you will can have read/write access to /enterprise/usr/.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erik Fortin
Thanks Bill.I am working with

Thanks Bill.

I am working with a development team and they are saying that they need root access in order to write to /enterprise/usr/attributes, is this correct?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hey Erik,  I assume that

Hey Erik,  I assume that "attributes" is a folder they created?  There are no restrictions on /enterprise/usr/ that would require root access.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erik Fortin
Using AW as our MDM solution,

Using AW as our MDM solution, and the attribute folder is looked at by AW for custom attributes.

To begin collecting custom attributes, follow the steps detailed below:

1. Navigate to Devices > Products > File/Actions > Add and select Android as your platform.

2. Complete the steps to create an XML product as mentioned in Appendix – XML Provisioning

<https://cn76.airwatchportals.com/AirWatch/HelpSystem/en/Content/Resource...

You may also view existing custom attributes for all devices at a particular organization group as well as manually create custom attributes directly in the console. Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Advanced > Custom Attributes to see these custom attributes listed. Any custom attribute created in this manner automatically associates with a device and its respective custom attribute value that is successfully transmitted to the console.

Erik Fortin

Mobility Engineering

1200 E. Algonquin Rd. | Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Tel 872-825-7012 | erik.fortin@united.com<mailto:erik.fortin@united.com>

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’