Solution Required - Network Activity Analysis TC70

Hi All

My Client is looking for a solution to report on the network activity undertaken on an Android TC70 device when connected to Wifi.  Mac address, AP in use/force use of a particular AP, signal strength, bandwidth etc.  Email or 'send' the report back to the Service Desk.  Manual/remote initiated or automatic/scheduled (timed).  The idea is to diagnose issues with the wifi signal or wifi infrastructure in a store or warehouse but from a user perspective.

Pietro Francesc...
Hi David,How are you my

Hi David,

How are you my friend?

Seems that you didn't paid a lot of attention to last year AppForum session on Debugging and monitoring...

It was a two day information packed event so, you're somehow excused ;-)

Here's a direct link to the PDF.

You can use Zebra's RxLogger to collect these basic information and then send them back using the included Push-Pull plugin. With this plugin you can send the logs from the device to a remote FTP server and download new configurations.

The only thing that you will miss in RxLogger is forcing the device to connect to a particular AP. But I don't even know if this is possible from the client side. Would be helpful to understand what is the problem you're trying to solve.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Miller
Thx Buddy.  I really must pay

Thx Buddy.  I really must pay more attention at the appforum! 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andreas Fauerbach
David,The TC70 comes with the

David,

The TC70 comes with the RxLogger Tool preinstalled.

Set up properly it can provide pretty much of what you are looking for:

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Miller
Many thx Andreas - you are a

Many thx Andreas - you are a life saver

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’