2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 3:05 AM by CC Radu

Continuous Scan on MC32

Julie Bardaji

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the continous scan on a MC32 device on Android.

I read the barcode sample, try it, but the barcode sample is not using the API continuousScan parameter.

This is my code :

ScannerConfig sc = this.scanner.getConfig();

//Log.d("JBA", " beamTimer : " + String.valueOf(sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.beamTimer));
      if (sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific != null) {

sc.decoderParams.code11.enabled = true;

sc.decoderParams.code39.enabled = true;

sc.decoderParams.code128.enabled = true;

sc.decoderParams.upca.enabled = true;

sc.decoderParams.ean8.enabled = true;

sc.decoderParams.ean13.enabled = true;

sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.beamTimer = 3000;

sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.pickList = ScannerConfig.PickList.ENABLED;

sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.continuousRead.isContinuousScan = true;

sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.continuousRead.sameSymbolTimeout = 1000;

sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.continuousRead.differentSymbolTimeout = 0;

}

this.scanner.setConfig(sc);

The problem is that looking at the this.scanner.getConfig() object after the setConfig line, the object has not been set with the values on sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.continuousRead lines.

And when I look to the sc.isParamSupported("sc.readerParams.readerSpecific.imagerSpecific.continuousRead.isContinuousScan") and two others parameters, the value is FALSE.

So what went wrong ? Am i forgetting to set something so the parameters are "Supported" again ?

Thank you for your reply,

Julie