3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 5:25 AM by Dino Gregorich

WMM disable on Jedi NICs

Arseniy Osipov

Hello colleagues,

Do we have a reg key for WMM Enable/Disable on JEDI radios?

For example on XW2 there is one - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\XWING20_1\Parms\WME_Enable=0 or 1

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arseniy

• Re: WMM disable on Jedi NICs
          Dino Gregorich

I have never done it specifically for a Jedi NIC, but I have disabled WLAN radios on our mobile computers with the following REGISTRY entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\NetworkPolicy\WiFi]

"Disabled"=dword:00000001

If you place that in a text file, change the file extension from .txt to .reg.  Place the file in the /applications directory on the device.  When it reboots, the registry setting will be applied automatically, disabling the WiFi.

I hope this helps.

-Dino

Arseniy Osipov

Hi Dino,

It is not the thing I am looking for.

I do not want to disable radio on the unit. The task is to turn off QoS (WMM) so that the device does not look at the packet priority while processing the network traffic.

Thanks.

Dino Gregorich

I am not able to find any documentation referencing QoS/WMM for Jedi nor Fusion.  It might require some detective work

Usually, when I need to find a registry setting, using a registry tool (either on the device or from a host computer), I export the entire registry.  Then I go to the GUI or tool to make the changes I need.  Then I export the registry again, into a different file.  I run a file compare to see what part of the registry file changed.  This usually works.  Sometimes the setting is buried in a string of values without any descriptions.

However, it does not work if there is no GUI nor method to make the desired change.  I looked at the GUI for Fusion, I could not find any QoS nor WMM setting to change.  I could not find any tool nor method to edit Jedi specifically.

-Dino