7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 4:44 AM by db728e2b-7cd3-4aca-ad88-8ffc5dc2a737

Need help ... I can't read or write a Gen2 Tag on my ZT410 even if calibration went OK ??!!

db728e2b-7cd3-4aca-ad88-8ffc5dc2a737

Hello

I am kind a beginner here and i need ur precious Help ... because i have a bit of a problem !!! I can't read a tag, neither write with my zebra ZT410 .

I proceeded first with a Media calibration as i have 4"x6" Label ... it went well ... and because the Ribbon havent arrived yet I sort of configured the printer with Direct Thermal config  ... for not having the Ribbon error warning.

After that, i did an RFID Calibration ... which btw take a lot of time ... and that didn't wotk !!!! It tells me that RFID Status is OK ... but when i go for read or write ... it tells me NO TAG FOUND ... it's been 2 days that it bugs me ... i really dont understand ... please help !!!!

• Re: Need help ... I can't read or write a Gen2 Tag on my ZT410 even if calibration went OK ??!!
          Gregory Pawlik

Hello Yassine,

Could you please explain how you are trying to write to your tag?

Are you sending your own ZPL or are you using an application?

Greg

• Re: Need help ... I can't read or write a Gen2 Tag on my ZT410 even if calibration went OK ??!!

Thx for ur help ... but i finally understood how calibration works !!!!

Now, I have another problem with my ZT410 ... i'm writing my own ZPL code ... and i want to encode a 4'x6' tag with ZT410 without a feed after !!!

what i have now is zpl code doing B26 BACKFEED, writing the EPC and after feeding the Tag ... i want to do the same thing but without the feeding part ... just backfeed and encode !!!

How can i do it ?? if u have any idea please ...

I also tried the command ^RM – Enable RFID Motion which allows to inhibit the label from moving when it reaches the program position ... but apparently its not supported by my ZT410 RFID printers ... and doesn't work in it ....also tried ^WT command without success ... if u have any idea please HELP ...

Also i got the same problem with the reading method ^RFR ... i just want to backfeed, read and return the EPC ... without the feeding part after !!!!

Robin West

Hi Yassine,

Are you trying to encode tags without printing or feeding at all?

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, for now I am trying to encode tags without printing because the Ribbon havent arrived yet ... I sort of configured the ZT410 printer with Direct Thermal config  ... for not having to deal with the Ribbon error warning !!!

My only problem is that i can't find a way to encode a tag (read or write) ... without making a feed afterwards !!! The encoding method works very well but i really want to supress the feeding part ... The ZPL Programming Guide recommand the ^RM , and ^WT commands ... but in my case those are not supported by my ZT410 RFID printer.

So, if u have any idea please HELP ...

Yassine

Robin West

Hi Yassine,

Unfortunately I verified the ZT410 RFID printer does not support encoding without feeding or printing.

Robin

So, I cant encode a tag without feeding for the next one ...

Cause I also thaught for another solution ... supressing the backfeed and getting the tag in front of an antenna manually ... like setting the tag under the first line E2 antenna cell ... and after making just a simple read with an SGD command ... but even that didn't work !!!! and i dont know why ...AntennaCell.PNG

I tested the Tear off values [-120/ +120] -120 for mimicking backfeed which makes -14 mm ... and after that i tried to set the programing position antenna in front of the Tag which makes it E2 for the antenna near by ... but unfortunately it didn't work ... it throws me 3 labels !!!! and i really don't understand why ...because with a B26 backfeed and a antenna cell C2 that works fine with ^RFR,W (ZPL code) ... but even doesn't work with just the USER Menu item - I have seen it work like they shown bellow one time or twice but i got the impression that's really by chance ... this is what i dont understand

ReadRFID.PNG

And its somehow bizarre, because when i do an RFID calibration with my 4'x6' Label in tear off mode ... with Tear-off value set as 0 ... I got RFID calibration values like Backfeed = B26 and antenna cell = C2 ... and the funny part is when i go for testing The reading RFID data in the Read RFID Data menu ... nothing happens ... it just tells me that no tag has been found !!!! somehow too, its coherent ... because in the RFID Programming guide says that no printer movement occurs while tag data is being read ...

So how can i read a 4'x6' Zebra Label Tag properly without making a backfeed ?!! ...cause calibration tells me that the optimal position to read and write this tag is with 26 mm backfeed B26 ... its weird cause with the ZM400 there is an specific RFID mode which increases throughput time when printing batches of RFID labels by eliminating backfeed between labels ... and i want to know how can i get the effect with the ZT 410 ...

What i am trying to do here is a use case like just encoding(read or write) a tag without feeding the next one ...

Tkx a lot btw ...

Yassine.

Hello,

So, I would like to know if there is a solution to my problem which is encoding without feed or printing ... is there another printer which include the ZPL commands that are recommended by the ZPL Programming Guide for disabling the feed (^RM , and ^WT commands) ?? ... because in my case (like Robin said) unfortunately those are not supported by my ZT410 RFID printer ... and if there is, could you give me an advice for which one i should choose ?

Or why not just include, in the ZT410 Firmware those methods (^RM , and ^WT commands) with a new version of the firmware... which btw existed in the previous version of the printer (the RZ400) ... and unfortunately were suppressed for ZT410 printer and never added even in the last firmware V75.19.15Z ?

Thanks.

Yassine