10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 7:34 AM by Robin West

How can I switch the codepage in line print mode

Niels Wiederanders

Dear Community, Dear Zebra Team,

I’m working on an old project with printing on Windows CE5 and Windows CE6. Up till now our software worked with other printers – not with Zebra printers. The software is sending plain text via serial Port and Bluetooth to the printers.

Now we want to support Zebra printers as well. We need no fancy stuff so I would like to keep the plain printing concept. Changing that would be a lot of work. Everything is working fine with my Zebra ZQ520 except of printing the German Letters ÄÖÜüäöß. That is because I need to change the Code Page of the device for Iine_print mode. I need the Codepage to 850 with Value 6 Encoding (Germany Character Set). I found no way in the documentation to do that for plain printing. So I tried something like this: (Text Send over Com Port):

german.PNG

What shell I say? It is not working!

Dear Community, Dear Zebra Team, is there a way to set the Codepage for plaintext permanently via a tool/device configuration? If not, can I set die Codepage for a session by sending a device command?

I hope really would like to stick with plain text printing!

Best Regards

Niels

Dear Community, Dear Zebra Team,

I’m working on an old project with printing on Windows CE5 and Windows CE6. Up till now our software worked with other printers – not with Zebra printers. The software is sending plain text via serial Port and Bluetooth to the printers.

Now we want to support Zebra printers as well. We need no fancy stuff so I would like to keep the plain printing concept. Changing that would be a lot of work.

Everything is working fine with my Zebra ZQ520 except of printing the German Letters ÄÖÜüäöß. That is because I need to change the Code Page of the device for Iine_print mode. I need the Codepage to 850 with Value 6 Encoding (Germany Character Set).

I found no way in the documentation to do that for plain printing. So I tried something like this: (Text Send over Com Port):

! U1 setvar "device.languages" "zpl"

^XA^CI6^XZ

! U1 setvar "device.languages" "line_print"

Hello World, what about ÄÖÜüäöß

What shell I say? It is not working!

Dear Community, is there a way to either set the Codepage for plaintext permanently via a tool/device configuration? If not, can I set die codepage for a session by sending a device command?

I hope I don’t have to rebuild my entire printing Classes only to print the German Letters. L

Best Regards Niels

How can I switch the codepage in line print mode