Trouble adding EMDK.NET to VS 2008 C#

I'm trying to use the EMDK to access data from a FX9500, however I'm getting the following error when trying to add the reference.

Image 079.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tsu Beng Tan
Hi Alex,I not sure if you are

Hi Alex,

I not sure if you are able to convert 2008 project to 2013. As I understand, the sample only can be imported perfectly by VS 2005 or 2008.

If you plan to develop application by using VS 2013, you could refer the coding used in the application but not import directly the project.

Also, you can refer to the help files found in emdk folder after installation:

Start > Programs > Motorola EMDK for.Net v2.9 > helps > Programmer guide > RFID 3 > Generic Reader interface:

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alex Godbehere
Hi,I'm not trying to port a

Hi,

I'm not trying to port a 2013 project, I'm trying to create a new project in 2008.

I can't seem to find the examples even though I've installed the EMDK and can access the help. Can you point me in the direction of these?

They aren't in the installation folder. All I have in there is:

Image 089.png

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tsu Beng Tan
Hi Alex,I can see that your

Hi Alex,

I can see that your VS 2008 is express version. Do you have a professional VS 2008?

Please note that you should installed EMDK after VS 2008 installation.

Hope this helps.

Tsu Beng

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alex Godbehere
Hi,No, I only have 2008

Hi,

No, I only have 2008 Express or 2013 Pro. As far as I'm aware 2008 Pro cannot be purchased anymore.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tsu Beng Tan
Hi Alex,Maybe you could

Hi Alex,

Maybe you could verify further with Microsoft Team on VS 2008 Pro Purchasing.

If VS 2008 really end of life, I guess you have to develop the host applications in VS 2013 instead.

In addition,  Only VS 2008 support WM6.5 mobile application development.

Thanks.
Tsu Beng.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alex Godbehere
Hi Tsu,I've tried to add the

Hi Tsu,

I've tried to add the reference on VS2008 and I'm still receiving the same error. I'm convinced that the EMDK isn't installing correctly. What files should the EMDK be installing?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tsu Beng Tan
Hi Alex,Did you manage to

Hi Alex,

Did you manage to install VS 2008 Pro with license ?

The installation steps for EMDK is pretty straight forward, you just need run the EMDK-M-020900.exe.

Please note that you should install VS 2008 pro before installing EMDK for .Net.

In additional, your Host Machine should not be Win Vista and must install .Net Framework 2.0 or higher.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Tsu Beng

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’