If you have captured a netlog from a CE7 device, you have noticed duplicate trace entries for every packet. Use the Wireshark export feature and the editcap.exe command line tool to remove them.
- Open the original capure file in Wireshark (i.e. netlog0.cap)
- Export all the packets to a new capture file (netlog0_exp.cap)
- In the \Program Files\Wireshark\ folder, there is a command line utility called editcap.exe
- editcap -n netlog0_exp.cap netlog0_nodupes.cap
- Open the netlog0_nodupes.cap file in wireshark and all the duplicate lines are gone.
Raw netlog file with 4 lines duplicated Same netlog with duplicates removed