MC92NO EB 1.4 BGSOUND Tag?

Does EB 1.4 support the HTML Tag "bgsound"?

Background:

I'm testing EB 1.4 on an MC92NO running Android 4.4. I am connecting VPN then EB, connecting to SAP ITS Mobile, running custom transactions.

EB Config.xml set to use DataWedge (v 3.1.20).  Scanning barcodes while EB running / connected to SAP works and does generate a decode tone/beep/sound for a good scan.

SAP transaction error message screens are designed to use SAP's "NOTIFY_BELL_SIGNAL" approach and I can see that the "NOTIFY_BELL_SIGNAL" value is being sent as part of the screen.  Custom ITS Service is set with ~ITSMOBILEMSGSOUND = 1  but no sounds are generated when an error message screen is displayed.  FYI this is not the same as an invalid decode, it's when the user enters a value that the code then determines to be invalid.

Some online research suggests that this approach is only valid on browsers that support the HTML Tag "bgsound" so that's the initial question.

Thanks.

Found this Question which has some other good info.:

TC70 Scan Decode Beep (EB 1.3/1.4)

https://developer.zebra.com/message/88078#88078

Robert Galvin
According to CanIUse - it

According to CanIUse - it looks like bgSound is deprecated. EB on Android uses the native webview - so anything supported in Android webview usually is supported in EB. For this tag it looks like you may need to use other methods..

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Roelof deVries
Thanks very much. I’m doing

Thanks very much. I’m doing further research on SAP’s Support Site and will update this thread.

Regards,

Roelof

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabir Valappil ...
Here is a blog how we can

Here is a blog how we can overcome <bgsound> tag concern over Android EB.

Hope this helps you.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabir Valappil ...
Do you still face this issue

Do you still face this issue?

bgsound tag is only supported by IE browsers.

However we can suggest a workaround, if you still have a problem with bgsound tag.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Roelof deVries
Thanks for the info.  I lost

Thanks for the info.  I lost access to an Andriod device for testing last year and basically dropped the ball on following up.  Hope to pick it back up.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’